Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

apollo moonwalk

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There are some who would say...

... that these tapes are "missing" because the first Moon walk never really took place - at least not on the Moon itself! Now, before anyone hands me my virtual head on a digital platter!!!!!...... I'm not advocating that opinion, just sharing it. That would make a very interesting discussion, no? There are those amongst us who claim to have been on the actual soundstage where the footage was "really" shot and spoon fed the the viewing public. :eusa_doh: What say ye to that?

(Ok! My loins are girded! Fire away! [no kidney punches!] :p

-dixon cannon

Zach R.

Practically Family
MrBern said:
dummies.....
looks like Nasa lost th original magnetic tapes of the neil armstrong moonwalk.
Even worse, they were a high quality version that the public did not see.
But you can get a dozen hi def versions of starwars on dvd....

Sure, you can get high-def versions of Star Wars, if you want versions that are badly color-corrected along with being filled with stupid plot changes and lackluster post-post-production CGI.

George Lucas didn't lose the original high quality negatives of SW like these people lost the Moonwalk tapes, but he is stubbornly against restoring or releasing them to the public, and goes so far as to restrict private screenings of privately owned 70mm copies of the original trilogy, but that is a topic for another board.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Dixon Cannon said:
... that these tapes are "missing" because the first Moon walk never really took place - at least not on the Moon itself! Now, before anyone hands me my virtual head on a digital platter!!!!!...... I'm not advocating that opinion, just sharing it. That would make an very interesting discussion, no? There are those amongst us who claim to have been on the actual soundstage where the footage was "really" shot and spoon fed the the viewing public. :eusa_doh: What say ye to that?

(Ok! My loins are girded! Fire away! [no kidney punches!] :p

-dixon cannon

I've heard this one too. The whole thing was faked in order to make good on Kennedy's promise,...so the Soviets couldn't laugh at us. lol
Maybe so, because if you watch those films, there are no stars in the sky over the "moon". Shouldn't there be at least a few, given the fact that the moon has no atmosphere? :eusa_doh:

Also, this recent article casts a whole new light on space travel. Maybe we're stuck here?
http://www.discover.com/issues/jun-06/cover/

Feraud

Bartender
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Maybe so, because if you watch those films, there are no stars in the sky over the "moon". Shouldn't there be at least a few, given the fact that the moon has no atmosphere? :eusa_doh:
There was a cable television show that addressed the concerns of the conspiracy theorists. They provided ample proof and demonstration to disprove "starless space", fluttering flag, and other claims.
I am always fascinated by people (I am not talking about FL members!) who have no interest in history, astronomy, religion, etc. and go nuts over conspiracies! They read a book or two and suddenly feel compelled to challenge scientists, doctors, and professors.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
If we have never been to space, I am left really unsure what myself and the rest of my many coworker and teammates in the space programs have been doing all day for 35 years.

I always did know it was a waste of time to work, although perhaps its more a waste then I thought. lol

Feraud

Bartender
Senator Jack said:
When elected, I promise to get to the bottom of both this and the flouride conspiracy meant to drain us of our vital bodily fluids.

Regards,

Your next state senator, Jack
If you are willing to look into the Bigfoot question you have my vote!

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Maj.Nick Danger said:
if you watch those films, there are no stars in the sky over the "moon". Shouldn't there be at least a few, given the fact that the moon has no atmosphere?

If you wanted to see those stars, you'd need to pull up the contrast so much during development of the film that the objects of interest on the Moon - astronauts, rocks, mountains - would be totally overexposed. And this is, of course, never done, since these are the objects of interest in these photos.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a crackpot,...I swear!

Feraud said:
There was a cable television show that addressed the concerns of the conspiracy theorists. They provided ample proof and demonstration to disprove "starless space", fluttering flag, and other claims.
I am always fascinated by people (I am not talking about FL members!) who have no interest in history, astronomy, religion, etc. and go nuts over conspiracies! They read a book or two and suddenly feel compelled to challenge scientists, doctors, and professors.

Nah,...I think we were really there.

But the aliens got there first of course to mine the green cheese, thus making the moon unsuitable for condominiums. :)

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
the right stuff

Gosh , I love that story about Buzz Aldrin punching the doubter who got in his face.

Space.com has picked up the story.
The search is still on, but they couldve been erased as those tapes were $100 each. And thats even IF theyre still readable:

http://www.space.com/news/060813_apollo11_tapes.html

left, what th world saw on TV, right, polaroid of the better broadcast.

h_apollo11_losttapes-2_02.jpg

imported_the_librarian

One of the Regulars
Doing research this morning and saw this thread, I don't know, it seems to me there is just too much information to be a hoax, ya know? Heck, with all the lobbyists, I'm not sure how it could be kept quiet anyway. There's some decent movies on Youtube and Google now that at least to my uninformed eye, seem informative. There's also the individual mission pages here:

http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/history/apollo/apollo.html

Right now I'm working with Apollo 8, the first to see the far side of the moon!

apollo-8-patch-small.gif

S

Samsa

Zach R. said:
Sure, you can get high-def versions of Star Wars, if you want versions that are badly color-corrected along with being filled with stupid plot changes and lackluster post-post-production CGI.

George Lucas didn't lose the original high quality negatives of SW like these people lost the Moonwalk tapes, but he is stubbornly against restoring or releasing them to the public, and goes so far as to restrict private screenings of privately owned 70mm copies of the original trilogy, but that is a topic for another board.

Don't even get me started.:mad:

panamag8or

Practically Family
First off, high-powered telescopes can see all the junk we left on the moon.

Second, I met an astronaut from Apollo 14, and I believe him. He was the 6th man on the moon and provided the commentary when Alan Sheppard took those famous golf swings. He told me that they had originally been in line for Apollo 13, but NASA decided to give that mission to Lovell instead. Lucky for him, I guess.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Dixon Cannon said:
... that these tapes are "missing" because the first Moon walk never really took place - at least not on the Moon itself!

A long time ago, after I had lost my first couple of jury trials, an older, wiser prosecutor in my office let me in on his key to success. He said, "When you're talking to a jury, just remember that most of those twelve people in the box think that the 1969 moonwalk was faked, and they think that professional wrestling is real."

I won my very next case.

Atticus

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You folks don't know the half of it. There are myrid sites out there where fake moon waking is the most minor sideline thread. I've seen skulls on both the moon and Mars, a robot's head on the moon along with assorted semi-identifyable other tech items. An image that for all the world looks like Bigfoot on Mars is out. There are images of ancient city street blocks on Mars. And of course a variety of manufactured structures abound.

Beyond that you can flounder around in endless conspiracy theories about, 9-11, black budgets and their sci-fi products, the illuminati, the Masons, and others struggle to control the governments of the world and more.

I leave out discussions about UFOs, cryptozoology, Atlantis or the spiritworld because there is far more legitimate, logic and rationale at work there!

Who says the internet is frivilous?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael