Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are my hot sticks busted???

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies,

To those of you who have hot sticks for your do's, I have a question: so I just bought two hot stick sets off of ebay, and I used them last weekend. The only thing is that I had them heating for 30 mins and the indicator light still was not turning on...

After 30 minutes I gave them a go-they were pretty hot in the middle but not so much on the outside so I had no problems rolling them into my hair (which made me suspicious because I know some of you have commented on how hot they can get)

They gave me a really good curl, I was impressed and it lasted all day- not the same duration of a wet set but impressive none the less.

So I questioned the seller about the indicator light and she has really been less than helpful, she told me they hadn't belonged to her and that she really doesn't know.

So I guess my question is, how long does it take for the indicator light to turn on? Did I not leave them on long enough? They seem to be working, but not sure if I should risk keeping them, especially if they are on their last legs...and kind of weird that both sets are like that?

Seriously wishing I could still buy them in Canada....sigh....

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
Ok...thank you for replying because until you said that I hadn't noticed that the "light" wasn't a real light but just one of those coloured marks that turn colour when they are ready...LOL wow how did I miss that one??? Anyway, I plugged them in and noticed that on mine, the spot goes very very dark, not white and that seems to indicate they are ready.

Thanks so much for pointing that out! I am so happy I don't have to return them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24