Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these shirts from Londonshirts.com any good? Pointy collar + Cheap.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
$19.95? Not a bad collar.

londonshirts_1830_1716496

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Yes, I like the collar a lot.... The only thing that stops me from buying one instantly is it seems like a good shirt could not be this cheap.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Same thought here!

Anyone know anything about this brand?

(Atterbury - I'm going to revise your title to see if we can pull in some posts)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
This is what's wrong with popular priced men's shirts

White, blue, ecru, white with little blue stripes, white with big glue stripes, blue with white stripes, blue with white collar, blue with white stripes and collar, white blue white blue blah blah blah bleh.

Zzzzzzz.

Feraud

Bartender
If you want black, red, royal blue, and orange color shirts they are out there.
I visited a Kohl's on Long Island and they carried the whole spectrum of primary colors!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Red, yellow and blue. Wow. :rolleyes:

I used to like Today's Man before they went t!ts up. They had long collars in interesting and tasteful shades and patterns (along with a lot of stuff that wouldn't have been out of place at a Kohl's on Long Island). I assume it was good taste that drove them out of business.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They look like nice shirts for a nice price. Too bad they don't come in a MAN's size. [huh]

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Well, I just decided to take the risk and order a shirt. If any one is interested I’ll make a post telling what I think when I receive it. The price is good:rolleyes:

dnjan

One Too Many
Atterbury Dodd said:
Well, I just decided to take the risk and order a shirt. If any one is interested I’ll make a post telling what I think when I receive it. The price is good:rolleyes:
Do you have an update on the shirts yet?

Also, are they no-iron? (can't afford a butler on a teacher's salary)

The real Henry

Practically Family
That collar looks great and the price is nice, too!

The only 'bad' thing I could think about these shirts, is that the fabric might be pretty thin, but that seems to be today's standard for dress shirts.

I'm looking forward on your post!

Regards,
Henrik

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Hello,
Yes I got the shirt. The collar was nice, though I ordered a 14.5 collar and it was more like a 15(if they had a 14, it would probably have been just right (if they are consistently of). The overall fit was so-so, a little too baggy for a skinny boy like me.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
The real Henry said:
The only 'bad' thing I could think about these shirts, is that the fabric might be pretty thin, but that seems to be today's standard for dress shirts.

Yes, I think the fabric is pretty much the standard. I like it enough that I'll keep it. Under a suit with a 30's small knot tie it will look good.

dnjan

One Too Many
Atterbury Dodd said:
Hello,
Yes I got the shirt. The collar was nice, though I ordered a 14.5 collar and it was more like a 15(if they had a 14, it would probably have been just right (if they are consistently of). The overall fit was so-so, a little too baggy for a skinny boy like me.
I also ordered two because I liked the collar.
For work, I normally get trim-fit, 15.5-33 trim-fit button-down collar shirts from either landsend or J.C.Penny.
The LondonShirts were too small. Neck was tight and sleeves were short (though I ordered the size I normally order from the other places, including the trim-fit part). The cuffs were even tight.
Also, more loose threads than I normally get.
:(

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
dnjan said:
The LondonShirts were too small. Neck was tight and sleeves were short (though I ordered the size I normally order from the other places, including the trim-fit part). The cuffs were even tight.
Also, more loose threads than I normally get.
:(

Yes, they do seem to have trouble fitting people right, and the quality is not great.:rolleyes: I have since found some more small things I don't like. That's the reason I won't give rave reviews. Sure is hard to find a good shirt....

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
This one (to the left) looks even more pointed: http://www.londonshirts.com/whit80s2plyc2.html

londonshirts_1830_2144163
---

Left: White 80's Two-Ply Cotton Pinpoint Oxford, Soft Straight Collar
Right: White 100's Two-Ply SuperFine Cotton Broadcloth, Straight Collar

I ordered this one, and it came yesterday. Here's the shirt at the order page:

londonshirts_1992_7670388

And here it is in practice:

collar.jpg

For $20, it's a perfectly adequate shirt. I like the long pointy collar, and it feels "vintage." It's a soft collar - no stays - so it tends to stick out a bit. It'll be perfect for a collar bar. If it came in other colors, and in a trim fit (blousy as all get out), I'd probably order five more.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
This one (to the left) looks even more pointed: http://www.londonshirts.com/whit80s2plyc2.html

londonshirts_1830_2144163
---

Left: White 80's Two-Ply Cotton Pinpoint Oxford, Soft Straight Collar
Right: White 100's Two-Ply SuperFine Cotton Broadcloth, Straight Collar

This is the bottom price you get for a similar shirt at paulfrederick.com on sale. The points are great but that cloth is hot in summer and broadcloth is better for coolness and general wear IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen