Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Argus AF Camera and Everett Kuntz

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Loungers,

Recently in part due to my father and MrNewportCustom, I have become fascinated by photography using vintage cameras. As I've been enamoured in particular by the cameras by the Argus camera company of Ann Arbor, MI I have been reading everything that I can about the company, the cameras and even picking up a couple of them. Recently, I came across an article in the Chicago Trib about a man by the name of Everett Kuntz. I found his story fascinating in that this man took pictures with an Argus AF camera and developed it on his own. The exposures were captured in between 1939 to 1942. Some 2000 pictures were captured and at the end of his life he was able to bring back memories of his childhood. Those pictures have been captured in a book titled "Sunday Afternoon on the Porch". I thought you might enjoy the story as much as I have.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-iowa-photos-fill-0812aug12,0,7254049.story

FG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran