Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Deco Cigar Pen

zeus36

A-List Customer
I have that pen but it is not chrome, it is colored like a dark cigar wrapper. It's back in the states so I can't tell you the maker until after Christmas, but I think it may be Korean. Anyway I fitted a standard rollerball refill to it then went with a porous tip marker refill, like a fine Sharpie.

Here is a better item using German Roller refills, but they are out of stock:

http://humidorswholesaler.com/products.php/item_id/2623

Prof. Ed

New in Town
Daniel Riser said:
Michaelson might know how to convert a rollerball to a fountain nib.

I have enjoyed good pens for years and have never seen a conversion as you mention.
Sometimes a ball point can be converted to a roller ball or the like, but a fountain pen, not likely.

Best regards,

Prof. Ed

Mycroft

One Too Many
Prof. Ed said:
I have enjoyed good pens for years and have never seen a conversion as you mention.
Sometimes a ball point can be converted to a roller ball or the like, but a fountain pen, not likely.

Best regards,

Prof. Ed

True, maybe I can get an insert to a fountain pen from a repair shop or service centr.

I did find a Sheaffer Balance in all Sterling Silver, but it is a rare pen.

Acme makes pens that can be switched from ball or roller to fountain but they are about the only ones. To make the change from ball or roller to fountain is going to be major surgery simply because of the general design differences.

Best to get one the way you want it than try to change it to what you want, cause if you do you be left wanting. And as Spock said, the having is not the same as the wanting.

Mycroft

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
I did find a Sheaffer Balance in all Sterling Silver, but it is a rare pen.

Acme makes pens that can be switched from ball or roller to fountain but they are about the only ones. To make the change from ball or roller to fountain is going to be major surgery simply because of the general design differences.

Best to get one the way you want it than try to change it to what you want, cause if you do you be left wanting. And as Spock said, the having is not the same as the wanting.

Well put, well its off to the antique shows and the bay of e for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo