Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Art Deco Mansion for sale"

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
[YOUTUBE]GRMSgwEBCXM[/YOUTUBE]

" Dont think much of the furnishings, the cream coloured Epstein "Cloud" Living room suite is the only thing I would keep, and some of the colours are nightmare'is, but love the blue Glass walls "Vitrolite"

"I wonder if anyone famous ever lived there?"

Just how many times does that guy say "incredible"? I watched for a couple-three minutes until I grew tired of that spiel.

Nice house, though. Did he ever say just when it was built? Is it a modern "reinterpretation," perhaps?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I checked his website, and it doesn't have regular listing info. But I saw several other houses on other sites in that neighborhood that were in the ten million range. I guess I'll continue working on my own little deco gem apartment here in the Bronx. ;)

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I am sure that this house is new or a recent remodel. I've met the current owners at the Queen Mary Art Deco Festival 2 years ago. This is a "mansionzation" project.

Although I love the living room I hate the kitchen, and the bedroom "disco" lights are a little weird.

Also it supposedly has 5 bedrooms, but they only show 1, the master suite. Are the rest servants quarters, or is the upstairs sitting room a conversion? If I had a house that big, I'd want guest quarters so that I could entertain out of town friends, but I don't see that.

I do like the location in Hermosa Beach though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24