Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art works his Magic yet again

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
A 1950's vintage Un-Blocked Stetson 10X I picked up off of Ebay way back in the fall of 2004 for a Buy it now price of $25. I had this hat laying around forever, not sure what to do with it. So I finally sent it to Art back in November, and once he got up and running, this was the result. I've included before and after pics, as well as pics of the sweatband and liner. He also cleaned, re-blocked, and replaced Ribbons on 4 other hats for me, and once I receive those, I will shoot pics and post them. Enjoy!
http://public.fotki.com/formerblueangel/stetson_10x/
Dusty

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Yes it does

We worked together quite extensively on this hat through several ribbon incarnations and a few blocks before I finally decided on the final product you see in the pcitures. I probably drove him a little nuts, :p but he was very patient and his customer service is terrific! :cheers1:
Dusty
Zemke Fan said:
Great hat, Dusty. Proves again what a TERRIFIC craftsman Art is, doesn't it?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Just wanted to add my opinion

I didn't go for a dramatic (and wonderful) overhaul like Dusty, but I did place my ONLY vintage fedora in Art's capable hands for cleaning and blocking it open. Maybe it's a minor thing, but I wanted to say that my Stetson Open Road looks great, and I'd trust Art with any hat work. Now, if only I could decide between a center crease and a c-crown....:rolleyes:

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
I can't wait to get it on my head

It went in the mail Friday so hopefully it will be here in Florida b the end of the week. I've been dealing with Art since the spring of 2004 and I'm always happy as heck with him. He pulled off a miracle with a moth eaten Dobbs 20. It was a wreck when I sent it to him and when I got it back, I could hardly find any evidence ANY moth had gotten it's hooks into this hat. Here it is with a repalced ribbon that is the same height and very close in color to the Original. Depending on the light, it alsmot looks orange!
http://public.fotki.com/formerblueangel/felt_fedoras/dobbstwenty1.html
Dusty

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
If it would ever cool down here for more than 48 hours, I might!

They are both too heavy for the weather we've been having here in the Panhandle. I know I got more felt hat days last winter than this one LOL
Ed
John in Covina said:
Both hats look great! Best of luck with them, i am sure you'll really enjoy wearing them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav