Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artistic Licence Taken With This Palm Beach Jacket

HardBoiledMarlowe

One of the Regulars
I believe this one is from 1950 - '56. It looks like someone took an airbrush to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vint-WHITE-LINEN-COCKTAIL-JACKET-COVERED-IN-COCKTAILS-PALM-BEACH-Size-LG-/111144180444?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item19e0b59adc

vintwhite-1376521408-59635.jpg

I don't have a problem with it. Looks like something to be used on stage or in a Tiki bar setting for a staff member.

This, of course, is exactly what 40s country bands would be doing (with different artwork) to suits to look like Hank Williams etc. when they couldn't afford Nudie's prices.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm ambivalent about this jacket. I kinda like it and could actually see myself wearing it but I wish the artist had used a less valuable (in a vintage sense) canvas to perform their handy work.

Edward

Bartender
It'd be a shame if it's a really rare piece; if they're ten a penny, less so. The artwork looks a bit Eighties for my tastes. I envisage a young Will Smith wearing this to "prom" in The Fresh Prince of BelAir.

HardBoiledMarlowe

One of the Regulars
Sorry, I posted this and left town for a few days. I also kind of like it and could see myself wearing it in a Tiki bar setting or to some other similarly kitschy event. I agree that it's unfortunate they used a Palm Beach jacket, but luckily it is a later model.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I don't have a problem with it. Looks like something to be used on stage or in a Tiki bar setting for a staff member.

This, of course, is exactly what 40s country bands would be doing (with different artwork) to suits to look like Hank Williams etc. when they couldn't afford Nudie's prices.

I agree. It's beautifully done. Anyone that disagrees needs to enrol in the Fun Academy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff