Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art's Blue Fedora

Barry

Practically Family
I debated about a Panama for my next hat. I decided on a midnight blue fedora instead. I liked the Stetson Saxon and that's where I got the idea for this lid. We made quite a few changes. Art extended the brim a bit and raised the crown some. The block is different too. This is an excellent hat!

The vintage ribbon has a teal cast. The brim is 2 1/4 and the crown was 5 1/4 pre-bash.

Has anyone posted a picture of the new VS hat box? If not I'll get one up when I return home from work. It's tops!

newblue1.jpg

newblue4.jpg

Barry

EricH

One of the Regulars
I think I need a green fedora from Art. It will go with my face which is green with envy. Great hat and the ribbon choice, as always, fantastic. Congrats to you and compliments to Art. Eric

hatflick1

Practically Family
Work of Art

Whoa! That's a beaut! I am officially saving up for an Art fedora. Or, maybe I should hint, hint around my kids...what with Fathers Day approaching. What are the odds they'd catch on? Wear in good health!

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Your blue hat is one hundred times nicer than a Stetson Saxon . You made the right choice , believe me . Art is a true master hatter . I wish he were in New York .

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Colors sometimes don't show "true" in photos. I once posted pics of a lid that, when viewed "live" through my own eyes, is a rich, deep blue, but in the photos it looks like a medium-dark grey.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Blue...Elvis Costello

Almost blue
Almost doing things we used to do
Theres a girl here and shes almost you
Almost all the things that your eyes once promised
I see in hers too
Now your eyes are red from crying

Almost blue
Flirting with this disaster became me
It named me as the fool who only aimed to be

Almost blue
Its almost touching it will almost do
Theres a part of me thats always true...always
Not all good things come to an end now it is only a chosen few
Ive seen such an unhappy couple

Almost me
Almost you
Almost blue

Great Hat:cheers1:

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
GO WEST YOUNG MAN !!!!!

Barry,

The hat looks great...it looks great on you...

I am so glad that you got hooked up with Art...He is always so conscience about your needs and wants and put YOU first above all things and it always shows in his works...

It definatley shows your pride and satisfaction in YOUR FACE !!!!!!

mark the shoeshine boy

Barry

Practically Family
Thanks for the comments everyone! I really appreciate them.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten to post a picture of that VS box. It really is sweet. If I've got some good light on my balcony tomorrow I'll post couple of shots!

Barry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn