Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art's Panama from Panamabob

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Fedoralover:

That is a plug! You shill! What's that other word I was called? Tramp? Trump? Troll, that was it!

I too saw Art's panama body, while he was in the process of blocking. Nice montecristi! Looked to be about 900-1000 weaves per square inch. A few areas with some uniformity of both weave and color issues, about average or better quality for that weave count. The hat was very soft however, which I liked a lot.

With Art's 40s C-crown and a nice vintage ribbon, I'm sure that is an awesome hat now! Art knows his blocking thoroughly so he must practice it and hopefully make a lot of money doing what he loves. Same as you perhaps, Indy superstar!

So what kind of lid do you wear in the Oregon summers?

Regards,
G

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I'm sure you must not be talking about the extremely fine hat Art has for himself, but maybe one he was blocking for someone else.

Shill? I didn't ask for anyone to say anything for me on this lounge.

Of the thousands of hats I've seen I wouldn't call it average...maybe average for those who only have the best of the best.

I'd love to compare parameters of quality and pricing with any Panama Hat vendor.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Neither Bob or Art suggested I advicate Bobs hats, I call em as I see em and Art was wearing it at the Vintage show and it just looked fantastic. I've seen others that were a whole lot more money and a lot less quality.

I have a few Vintage Quenca straws that I wear from time to time, but I love my felt fedora's and have some light weight borsalino's that I wear in the summer as well as my london gray and chocolate brown Optimo's which are also light weight felts.

regards fedoralover

gcollins

One of the Regulars
I was just kidding of course. It's a fine hat!

And I don't think there's a problem for expressing contentment and appreciation for fine hats and fine people. That's why we're here--for the love the game.

Regards,
G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy