Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artwork Featuring Hats

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Loved the pinups. I wonder if anyone else noticed the funny thing about this one.

The main thing I noticed is its not by Gil Elvgren.
It was a Camel advertisment from about fifteen years ago. Looking it up "The ads featured a painting of models dressed in iconic clothing from a famous decade past, but with a modern twist, like the addition of nose rings for women or stud earrings for men, tattoos, advanced modern technology like headsets and remote controls, and other strange anachronisms." So they did the job right if somone picked up on the skates

More Jack Swanson.

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

I actually have a request (if that's permissible).
I'm looking the vintaged style art (anything 1960's styles or older) that features hats AND COFFEE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would suggest researching the Fred Harvey Company & the Santa Fe RR for their artwork. Fred Harvey had a chain of restaurants associated with resorts & the RR back in the day when people dressed to travel. He was a patron of the arts & used such to promote his restaurants & the resorts.

Bob Hufford posted some pics of Fred Harvey's architect in the "...Their Hats" thread.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
I actually have a request (if that's permissible).
I'm looking the vintaged style art (anything 1960's styles or older) that features hats AND COFFEE.

My wife is trying to decorate a room and we're looking for ideas along those lines.

For examples, some things I've found so far:
a438acbf415413d16c7b57e7aff6950e.jpg
d15d642a6a683c15cf5bd1cdcebc5485.jpg
091060522074b535dc63a36bea863137.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Short Balding Guy consistantly posts framable pics of his hats and coffee, perhaps he can help.

Today is National Day of the Cowboy. Artist David Devary.

Skirt seems a bit impractical for riding that horse, though. But who am I to complain?
Strictly from an artistic standpoint I love how the short skirt, tall boots & long duster all work together. Long dusters today always look so much cooler than they are practical anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner