Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artwork Featuring Hats

Can't believe I didn't remember this guy earlier. Michael Schreck, AL artist that lives in Decatur. I met him in the early nineties and hoisted a few with him. The man likes his whiskey.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here's a link to his website:http://michaelschreckart.com/

Great ones, BB. Michael Schreckart is a great artist. My 3 favorites of his are probably:

Thanks, HJ. Some of Schrecks nicest work are the wildlife paintings he's done. Graced the covers of a lot of wildlife and hunting magazines. I have a signed artist proof print of his left rolled up somewhere after my last move. Gotta find it.

I'm a Bullock fan as well. Great one.

Bob, you might enjoy this one. As I recall the first 2 bldgs from the left are still there, not sure about the rest of the block.

"Reed Springs, Missouri, Horse Show" ca. 1933-1934 by Harry Louis Freund

Hard to tell as I can't find too many pics of the current downtown section to compare. Many of the building have had a face lift or two. Not sure if the painting title is correct or a typo, but the town is Reeds Spring (everyone gets that wrong -- I say it wrong about half the time). BTW -- Reeds Spring Pizza is awesome! Get the Nutty Bleu Pig.

Hard to tell as I can't find too many pics of the current downtown section to compare. Many of the building have had a face lift or two. Not sure if the painting title is correct or a typo, but the town is Reeds Spring (everyone gets that wrong -- I say it wrong about half the time). BTW -- Reeds Spring Pizza is awesome! Get the Nutty Bleu Pig.
The first two bldgs are pretty much the same. And I think the white bldg all the way to the right in partial frame is where the museum is, where the guy had the molten metal piece not of this earth. As far as the town name I might have changed it in saving the art. I never realized the Reed's owned the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21