Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Any recommendations for a new leather jacket?
- civilian (or mc) repro;
- slight customization as an option (especially sleeve and back length)
- preferably in Europe;
- around 1000-1200e.

jchance

One of the Regulars
What leather jackets that you would buy new today and can pass them down to your grandchildren? That is, such a jacket would have true future-vintage quality.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
What leather jackets that you would buy new today and can pass them down to your grandchildren? That is, such a jacket would have true future-vintage quality.
Anything that's not a 1:1 repro I'd say. Like Thedi jackets. But who knows, maybe the generations after us couldn't care less about leather jackets. Fast fashion seems to have taken over. Cheap and something new every season. You don't want to be seen wearing last year's fashion!

jeo

One Too Many

Makers that will not be in business once the owner dies. Lost Worlds, Himel, Goodwear, Thedi come to mind.

A business could stay open after the original owner/founder dies but it might not be the same and the jackets from the “original owner” era will be more desirable. At least that’s my thought for these smaller makers.

I hope Ken from Aero lives forever, but I feel like operations such as Aero can survive that, since it’ll stay in the family (hopefully).

A good example is Schott. Original owners long gone, but it stayed in the family. You can pass down a Schott which will stay in business forever (hopefully) and even though there are a ton of them around, because it’s yours, it’s special.

Al 916

One Too Many
This buying and selling thing.

My thoughts;

If I have a Jacket that I want to move and I think a particular pal might want it I PM them to see if they might be interested. If not it will go on the Classifieds.

Should it not sell on the count of xxx it will go onto the bay and the Market can sort out the price.
If it then goes for more than I paid it will be the price the buyer is happy to pay (not a penny more).
I generally take a hit

Last edited:

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
1709132919685.png

got some cowhide here to make a jacket, i like the more uniform pattern on the bottom one. will this leather darken over time? i would prefer a shade darker but it's very difficult to acquire

NielsLyhne

New in Town
Ok, that might not be a very interesting question but here we go :

Say you’re a thin, slightly lanky bloke who’s looking for straight denims to wear over boots in a vintage fashion.

Would something like a Sugar Cane 1947 be a good place to start ?

Bonus cookie points for denims made in Europe. ;)

Observe

One Too Many
Ok, that might not be a very interesting question but here we go :

Say you’re a thin, slightly lanky bloke who’s looking for straight denims to wear over boots in a vintage fashion.

Would something like a Sugar Cane 1947 be a good place to start ?

Bonus cookie points for denims made in Europe. ;)
I'm tall and lean and have a pair of 1947s, they're good. Wider without looking ridiculous. Denim is more rigid than you'd expect from its 13.75oz (IIRC) weight.

NielsLyhne

New in Town
I'm tall and lean and have a pair of 1947s, they're good. Wider without looking ridiculous. Denim is more rigid than you'd expect from its 13.75oz (IIRC) weight.
Thanks, wider without looking like I’m wearing my grandpa’s waders is what I’m looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner