Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
But it had something good: I know now that I do not like shawl collar lol
Same here. Tried it once but it's not for me either.

IMG_0115.jpeg

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
For anyone familiar with the LL Bean civilian bomber jackets, I've seen tags of theirs that have a lining of "Shearling Lambskin" or "Wool Pile" but haven't seen one with "100% Wool Shearling" before. I'm 90% sure that means the lining is wool pile but could anyone confirm? I usually associate "sherpa" with any pile liner that isn't actually the sheep/lamb hide. All pictures are of the same jacket.

1688828417697.png

1688828447151.png

1688828363512.png

1688828387054.png

Bluechel

Practically Family
NEED a TFL opinion....! Just got this Vanson Horsehide 46 from the 'bay at $420 and I asked the seller the length measurement in every way I could but he still sent me a 23" length jacket with 27" sleeves (I definitely need the sleeve length) but the 23" is 3.5" inches off what he described (yes he had it listed right in the end but I sent a photo, etc. to see blah blah etc.). QUESTION: should I keep this anyway because of beauty and rarity?
IMG_8226.JPG
IMG_8227.JPG
IMG_8228.JPG
IMG_8229.JPG
IMG_8230.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8231.JPG
    IMG_8231.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 32

Bluechel

Practically Family
I guess along with that is the bigger question, how come we never see any vanson horse hide jackets out there and did they do a good job when they produced them? Are they respected?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Heavy horsehide Comet in riding length with Riri zippers. Very nice jacket. The 23" length is hard to work as a regular jacket. Tough one, they don't make jacket like this anymore. It's perfect for those who use two wheels for daily commutes.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Heavy horsehide Comet in riding length with Riri zippers. Very nice jacket. The 23" length is hard to work as a regular jacket. Tough one, they don't make jacket like this anymore. It's perfect for those who use two wheels for daily commutes.
Hate to send it back but I'm not a 365er in So Cal anymore and my Softail is long gone! Damn it's nice horsehide though. Also $420 was a good price.

Viking752

Practically Family
I have grown weary of the countless hours spent trying to find a brown Vanson Ike or Enfield in my size 52. Does anyone know if Vanson would build one? Not looking for a custom jacket per se as a 52 Vanson fits me fine OTR. The only website options are black comp weight or Firenze.

ThanhKim

New in Town
Hello everyone, any idea on how to remove a blue ish stain on a flat head shinki horsehide ? I didn’t notice it until recently under very bright light.
Thanks for any help !

IMG_6912.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats