Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KBlake

One Too Many
Thank you all! It's a kind of 42ish, feel nice on shoulders but a bit roomy on chest when it's zipped. Perfect of layering.

I won't do nothing with pin-holes and marks, as Will says, they are part of the jacket story, but I'm worried about that spike 'cause it pokes the leather when lapels are over the chest.

My thoughts were to put a tear of hot glue on the spike tip to avoid the puncture, but being honest, I'd like to remove it. I'll try to push it out through the visible side of the lapel. It should be the way when that pin was set the 1st time.
If you decide you want to part ways with it, I'm interested :)

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Word? Ok I will try and return it, I was told I would have to
I can only tell you how it was for me. I clarified everything with the seller, he commissioned DHL, DHL sent me the return label by email, arranged a collection date, done.
Of course, I don't know how BH handles this. I would ask them why they think I should have to pay customs duty on a return to the UK.

Scavenger

New in Town
This has been nagging me for a while... what would you call this style of jacket? It's like a double breasted cafe racer.

52fc63c4ecad04272c905b69.png

Attachments

• 20060914161411.jpg
    20060914161411.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 44

casuallyworked

New in Town
hello guys I just picked up a used Real Mccoy. The listing outer photos were accurate, but there was damage to the wool sleeve lining that was not disclosed. There was also a missing button on one of the sleeves, but that was disclosed, so no problem. My question is do these two issues diminish the value of the jacket? and is the lining easy to mend or even replace?

P1000714.JPG
P1000715.JPG

Attachments

• P1000714.JPG
    P1000714.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 31
  • P1000715.JPG
    P1000715.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 32

barnabus

One Too Many
Just received a waxed canvas jacket that's giving off a strong musty smell - even though it was apparently "new without tags".

I'm keeping it, because it was next to no money and I really like it, but I want rid of the smell and obviously can't wash it because it's waxed.

Suggestions?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Just received a waxed canvas jacket that's giving off a strong musty smell - even though it was apparently "new without tags".

I'm keeping it, because it was next to no money and I really like it, but I want rid of the smell and obviously can't wash it because it's waxed.

Suggestions?
I've tried various methods and products. In the end the only thing that really worked is the Ozone machine. That or putting it out in the sun.

IMG_7031.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
hello guys I just picked up a used Real Mccoy. The listing outer photos were accurate, but there was damage to the wool sleeve lining that was not disclosed. There was also a missing button on one of the sleeves, but that was disclosed, so no problem. My question is do these two issues diminish the value of the jacket? and is the lining easy to mend or even replace?

View attachment 575521 View attachment 575520
If you can return, return.

1" holes are hard to mend with just threads. You'd probably need some type of small patched backing.

Reline jobs are expensive. Only if you plan to keep the jacket for long time.

Holes are probably caused by silverfish or moth larva. It's best to wipe down the lining.

I would always suggest to find out what year of production or approximate year of production. The older they are they are more prone to insect damages on the wool/cotton linings.

Al 916

One Too Many
While the topic is smells...

It may just be because my ozone kit is a sad pathetic baby compared to Marc's Monster ...

I have had much better results from a good machine wash

Al 916

One Too Many
Thanks.

How do you use it? Does it go on the room close to the jacket, or does the jacket go in the machine?

My partner is asthmatic (and a Doctor).
You really should not inhale ozone (have a lovely google on the results of doing so). A room is a good few lungfuls...

I use a large polythene box with a lid and put the small battery Ozone generator and jacket in there, and then in the middle of the meadow.

jchance

One of the Regulars
Which leather are considered “buttery soft” to touch? I just got into the leather jacket game lately, and found sheepskin to my liking, while the other leathers I’ve handled too “rough” (horse, cow, lamb, alligator). Deerskin seems to be a runner up, but maybe your experience can help shed some light onto the matter? I haven’t handled goat skin or any of the more exotic leathers.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
How do you use it? Does it go on the room close to the jacket, or does the jacket go in the machine?
I put the machine in a small confined room, hang the jackets above the machine and let it run for two hours. When done I let the room air out for half a day because like @Al 916 mentioned, you don't want to inhale the stuff.

IMG_8921.jpeg

What's the exact model, if you can recall?
Looks awesome.
IMG_3580.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff