Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At last some good news on the extraterrestrial front.

Elaina

One Too Many
I always figured with as many stars as I could see with my naked eye, the idea that there were no planets outside of our solar system never made sense. Same thing with life from other planets. It's always stood to reason there HAD to be a habitable plant or several dotting around.

Have we even made it to all the planets and psuedo planets in our system?

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Elaina said:

Some of our planets cannot be explored. Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune are made of gas. They aren't made of a solid matter like the Earth so we can't exactly set foot on them. We can fly past them I suppose, though.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
If the universe is finite, what are the chances of finding a planet that is similar to Earth? I'm sure that we will eventually come across something that's nearly habitable. But probably nothing like Earth.

Elaina

One Too Many
happyfilmluvguy said:
Some of our planets cannot be explored. Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune are made of gas. They aren't made of a solid matter like the Earth so we can't exactly set foot on them. We can fly past them I suppose, though.

I knew that, but I thought we could do something stupid like observe them closer then we have. I was thinking of Pluto, Charon, Nix and Hydra. I understand looking away, but I always wanted them to go THERE first. It's probably just me, however.

I haven't spent any time reading much of the trade journals (I got scientifically sidetracked on genetics), but have they determied that their are actual real planets in Andromeda?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Hey, forget having our own Vintage town! Let's have our own Vintage planet
I think we had one, but it blew itself to hell in 1934...

0.gif

Elaina said:
I always figured with as many stars as I could see with my naked eye, the idea that there were no planets outside of our solar system never made sense. Same thing with life from other planets. It's always stood to reason there HAD to be a habitable plant or several dotting around.

You can see about 6000 stars with the naked eye...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland