Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the newstand today...

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
I picked up the September Romantic Homes magazine. As I'm such a romantic, I always buy it, but I felt that this issue would be particularly enjoyable to you all.

I scanned the cover for you, but ImageShack is down and I was unable to upload it.

The magazine's theme for this issue is "Glamour in the City". Features include ideas for the aspiring glamour girl, reproductions of vintage household items, "Living in the Screen Age," which is a tour of a designer's ultra chic New York City apartment with decor inspired by Hollywood screen sirens such as Dietrich, Harlow, Hayworth, Garbo, Hepburn, and 1940s musicals with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. It's just breathtaking!

I must warn you that you might cringe at the feature on vintage travel cases that have been "dressed up" with paint and fabric. :cry:

Ah, but there's a charming story about the author's great aunt who would arrive for a visit "in a dress, hat, and gloves, and matching shoes and purse," and the author's visit to her great aunt's apartment where she was served 7Up in a cut-glass tumbler, which made her feel like royalty.

All in all, a delightful issue of one of my favorite magazines. I have no personal affiliation with Romantic Homes, but I wanted to let you know about it.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I'm moving this over to The Golden Era section, as I think some of the guys might be interested in this topic as well. Thanks for the heads up about the magazine article.

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
ITG said:
I'm moving this over to The Golden Era section, as I think some of the guys might be interested in this topic as well. Thanks for the heads up about the magazine article.

You're quite welcome! I think the magazine will appeal much more to the ladies than to the gentlemen, though. It's a rather "frilly" publication. I must admit I haven't read anything here other than the Powder Room posts yet myself. I hope other ladies won't miss finding out about the magazine, but maybe I'm the only one who hasn't had time to read anything beyond the Powder Room messages. :)

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

BlancheDubois said:
I must admit I haven't read anything here other than the Powder Room posts yet myself. I hope other ladies won't miss finding out about the magazine, but maybe I'm the only one who hasn't had time to read anything beyond the Powder Room messages. :)

You need to get out more.;)

BTW: Nice avatar. I don't recall seeing that photo before. You might consider putting something in your "location" that gives an idea what part of the planet you are on.

I will have to chack out that magazine,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace