Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviation Leathercraft B3

Faisalha9159

New in Town
Hi everyone....was just wondering if anyone here has any experience of Aviation Leathercraft B3s? Info on things like leather and sheepskin quality and thickness would be helpful.

Cheers fellas

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
I haven't seen one in the flesh for many years but they are far from an accurate B-3. I would always opt to go for an Eastman for accuracy and build quality, they may be a little more money but worth it IMO. Aero also do a B-3 but I haven't seen one recently.

John Lever

One Too Many
My advice, like Paul's is save your cash for a better product. Eastman, Aero or RMNZ being the best one.
There's a 42 Eastman for sale at £300 on the Guest book listings on the Eastman website.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree a 100% with John and Paul about ALC and their B3s. They are expensive inaccurate repros and you would do much better buying from ELC or second hand on Ebay.

Faisalha9159

New in Town
Thanks for the advice guys, I think it looks like I`ll be going for an Eastman B3 after all. The picture on their website with the seal horsehide facings looks really reallly good. I would probably have to get a few minor adjustments made to the sleeves - other than that I`ll be ordering a 36. Does anyone know if they are a trim or roomy fit?

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
You won't be disappointed with an Eastman B-3. They seem to fit to size, I usually wear a size 42 in jackets and their 42 fits me well, it depends what you intend on wearing underneath (not much as they're very warm!). ELC will advise you on the correct sizing so I suggest telephoning them, best days are Tuesday and Thursday I remember.

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
ALC B-3

!BfEHgkg!2k~$(KGrHqUH-EMEr8iPuELhBK+3hvfkU!~~_12.JPG

Looks as if they make the B-3 from the "warm honey" colored RAF Irvin style hides shown here. . .. . .plus they also make them with the cream colored wool . . .US style

Their website shows scant info on the B-3 . . . esp for a jacket in the $600-700 range . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy