Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Avirex R.A.F. sheepskin flight jacket size 46 f/s

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Hello ladies and gents,

Up for sale is a vintage 1980's Avirex R.A.F. sheepskin leather flight jacket. There is not too much to report - the jacket is in fantastic condition. There are no stains, no rips, no tears, no funny business. There is light tarnishing on the brass zippers, but it is minimal. The sheepskin is in great condition - very soft and supple. The great thing with this jacket is you can choose your look: it currently is sporting a slightly aged and 'worn in' look, much like a well cared for jacket many decades older. However, if one desired a 'brand new' rich brown appearance, some appropriate leather treatment would bring its appearance to 'like new'. I wanted to leave that option up to the buyer. In no way does the aging affect the condition of the leather.

It is size 46. If you need additional measurements, please just let me know.

The lining and inside impeccable condition, with the canvas pocket liners even appearing somewhat stiff/flat as when new. I don't think this jacket was hardly worn at all. From the research I've done, Avirex made some of their best jackets before the 1990s. This jacket has a date of 1986 inside.

This jacket retails for over $1,100 new:

http://www.pilotwear.com/store/p/7836-R-A-F-Sheepskin-Jacket.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COCKPIT-AVI...89?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item3cccf785e1

Your price: $250 + $15 shipping anywhere CONUS

If interested, simply PM me or respond to this email. Paypal is preferred, but other options are considered.

Thanks for looking and make sure you check out all the pictures!

P1127860-vi.jpg

P1127861-vi.jpg

P1127863-vi.jpg

P1127862-vi.jpg

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Sure thing!

Shoulders: 22"
Chest: 52"
Sleeves: 25"

Bottom of collar to bottom of jacket: 28"

I am not sure how telling these numbers are as it is a very thick, substantial jacket, so it measures differently that a sportcoat probably would.

No smoke smell that I detect.

Hope that helps!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
"For High Speed Low Level Flight"

I love how these words describe a number of human situations, only one of which involves aircraft.

Cool jacket, great deal.

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Another bump...if not gone by the end of the week, this one might be off to the bay - which I'd rather not do! Let me know if you are interested, thanks!

thor

Call Me a Cab
Another bump...if not gone by the end of the week, this one might be off to the bay - which I'd rather not do! Let me know if you are interested, thanks!

Nice jacket! Would you do PayPal? Seriously considering it....

Thanks!

thor

Call Me a Cab
Sorry Red Leader I will have to pass. I double checked those measurements for the jacket and the jacket probably won't fit properly (I am tall with long arms, sleeves will come up a bit short, I'm afraid).
Good luck! It's a great jacket at a nice price. I'm sure it will sell!

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Thanks Thor! Sorry it is not going to work out for you. I remeasured the sleeves (not sure what I originally had them at) and they were 25", but the shoulder seam hangs a little low. At most they would probably be around 26" in the sleeves.

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
PRICE REDUCTION: $200 plus $15 shipping in CONUS! That's a $50 price reduction! My last reduction before it gets put up on the 'bay. Would really like to see this go to a forum member. Thanks for looking!

Gus

New in Town
Hey Red Leader - if the jacket is still available, I'll take it. Just let me know how to conduct the transaction. I'm not sure what rights I have on this forum - I've been a member for awhile but I haven't posted many comments.

Gus

Flw Sock

New in Town
If I had the money, I would have bought it the day you posted it. Very classy looking jacket, I hope it goes to a good home.
Good luck selling!

Gus

New in Town
Red Leader, Red Leader - this is Gus. If your jacket is still for sale, I'd like to buy it from you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran