Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Avirex "US Postal Service" A2 for sale, 2XL

I got this very limited jacket made for US Postal workers in 1997. I bought it new last fall and only wore it twice before I got hooked on the Aero A2 fit. This is typical of the modern "A2" designs with a bigger cut and side handwarmer packets. It has some neat touches for the USPS, including a patch on the sleeve (leather, not cloth) and lining.
Very nice, heavy, and well made jacket.
Paid $250, will sell shipped in the CONUS for $150. One just sold on ebay - the first I've seen since I got mine.
PM for pics or measurements, etc.

Scott

mwelch8404

Familiar Face
Scott,

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have any pix you can post? My googlefu is poor today, and I can't find any on the interwebs.

Mark

mwelch8404

Familiar Face
Well, I'm still looking for one to replace the Reed and Taylor that my son mooched frm me that got snatched...

Can you please post a measurement around, ahemmm, ummm errr, the "belly?" ;-)

Well, I'm still looking for one to replace the Reed and Taylor that my son mooched frm me that got snatched...

Can you please post a measurement around, ahemmm, ummm errr, the "belly?" ;-)

I can post numbers for all the critical areas. It will fit anyone shy of a circus freak :) The elastic of the "A2-type" designs is very forgiving...
FWIW, the other one on ebay sold for over $200+$25 shipping today on ebay, so I think it's a good deal for a nice jacket.

Numbers:

Waist (stretched to it's max) is 26" (x2I
Pit to pit: 29"
Zipper top to bottom: 24"
Arm shoulder to end of knits: 25"

I didn't realize how big it (I) was until I just tried it on again :)
The zipper looks 100% normal. However, it's a tad finicky to get started - I don't know why as I never use the zippers on my jackets. It works and looks fine, but it does need a little coaxing to start.

Let me know...the belly works well with this style. It will stretch on the waist to accommodate, but also pulls in when unzipped, so it looks neat, not sloppy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925