Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-2s! (The furry cap, not the furry jacket)

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
I was wondering how many of you guys out there own and wear the USAAF B-2 sheepskin cap? I just ordered one of the last "old style" caps from the ELC re-issue depot and I'd be curious to know what you guys think of them. (oh and pics would be greatly welcome as well)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Both Mikey-B17 and Scotrace are known for modelling these homages to the famous WWII aviator's cap. If you ask these gents, I'm sure they'd be delighted to comment and even post a pic or two;) Look great for winter wear.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I've had one for ages - one of ELC's first production. In the days when I was concerned about such things I compared it with an original and it was close enough for me. The Roughwear label version is good but is more expensive, of course.

I remember that I tried a few on before I settled on one as the sizes seemed somewhat erratic. I'd recommend anyone to visit the factory if possible. There are good pictures on ELC's website.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
I bought the ELC USAAF Rough Wear Type B-2, Contract 17756 version and it's fantastic of course. I haven't seen the B-2 ELC that's in there re-issue but if they had my size I'd have gone for it instead. I also have there USAAF Type B1 for when it isn't so cold. You can't go wrong with ELC headgear...

Edward

Bartender
I've considered one of these myself as a practical hat for the coldest of weather (and somewhat less, eh, 'eccentric' for street-wear than the sheepskin-lined flying helmets I also looked at), though the long, baseball-cap type bill doesn't appeal. I gave up wearing baseball caps as a teenager as they didn't flatter me at all. Still hoping Aero will eventually do something like this, as they might be open to customising one with a shorter (about two inch) bill).

tudo

New in Town
Hi Hawk eye, I just recently bought an Eastman B-2 and its lovely and warm!Have included some pictures of it.
DSC00042_2.jpg

DSC00040_2.jpg

DSC00043_2.jpg

tudo

New in Town
It is the broken grain version, but I only got it by default .I originally ordered the sale version but this one was sent through instead and they let me have for the sale price because of the mix-up.:)

PuLpO

Familiar Face
tudo said:
It is the broken grain version, but I only got it by default .I originally ordered the sale version but this one was sent through instead and they let me have for the sale price because of the mix-up.:)
you are an lucky devil. i had the same prob . but they dont offer me anything.

dont hope its why i am a german buyer.

stephan

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
yes it does, though I have never seen any period photos of airmen utilizing that feature. Mine is waiting for me at the post office, I'll take some pics when I pick it up.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Recently purchased from the re-issue depot, this is one of the old caps, ELC is now producing caps with the new "broken grain" sheepskin, although, looking at the cap I recieved, I dont know how much more grain you can put on that leather. Size 7 1/8, its a tad small as it was the largest size left, but its still wearable.

Eastmans always faultless packaging...its like Christmas whenever you open up one of their boxes!
b-2001.jpg

b-2002.jpg

b-2004.jpg

b-2005.jpg

b-2006.jpg

b-2008.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy