Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad Neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.

melanie

One of the Regulars
Ok, so I dont know if I am posting in the right section here, but anyway, this is basically me just ranting.
I did not get to sleep until five this morning, and now I am exhausted!
Our neighbour, who is my age, a single mother and always has a house full of what we in the UK call chavs, was sitting in her garden until 4.00am, talking, shouting, laughing, then when she and her croonies went indoors, they were banging and clashing around until 5.00am!
Obviously, with it been so hot, we had to have the window open, so I heard everything, and I was so mad! My husband slept through it, but I am a light sleeper, and it takes me ages to fall asleep anyway, any slight noise and I can not sleep, hence why I was awake until 5.00am!
I did consider going round and telling her to basically shut up, but I just know I would of been laughed at (I had my rollers in and a head scarf, so I looked a bit like Hilda Ogden) and I know I would of got abuse, as they were obviously tanked up, but when I see her, I'll be having words with her.
She has no respect at all, this is not the first time she has done something like this and now I am fed up!
I may have to take a nap this afternoon as I am so tired now, boy oh boy, I need my beauty sleep!

What are your neighbours like, do you have any problems with them?

crwritt

One Too Many
We had a similar situation years ago, then moved to the country. Now the loudest thing at night is my husband's snoring. I've taken to wearing soft foam rubber earplugs, and they solve the problem of annoying noises at night.
I'd say, rather than starting something with her you might regret, try the earplugs. Next time it gets way too loud,
call the cops anonymously.

lostinthe50's

New in Town
It comes down to respect.

People in todays age has no respect for anything (including themselves). I understand how you feel. I have called the police on some neighbors of mine many times. The problem there is that the mother doesnt take care of the kids that live behind me and lets them do whatever (and i do mean whatever) they want.

Here is a great question for you. Where was the child of this woman when she was have a swell ole time with her croonies? What will this child grow up to be like?

Just a few thoughts...have a glorious day.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
It can be intimidating to confront a neighbour about bad behaviour can't it? You never quite know how they're going to react...

I have friends like this actually, but luckily they live in a flat above a shop so they've no neighbours to bother with the noise - I dread to think what they'd be like when they have to move! x

melanie

One of the Regulars
Thanks Paisley, I'll check that out.

Hi lostinthe50s, her kids are in bed when her croonies are round, and I dread to think what they'll grow up to be like!

Hi Miserabelle, it can definitely be intimadating when you confront neighbours, you never know what their reaction will be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS