Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad Vintage Movies

Feraud

Bartender
He was Her Man w/James Cagney is no winner.

James Cagney is a double crosser on the run from gangsters. Cagney and Blondell do not quite make sparks in this one.

I was trying to figure out what was going on with John Qualen's teeth..

The ending is quite unspectacular.

Warden

One Too Many
I love Laurel and Hardy, but they made some awful films at the end of their film career.

Their 1943 film Jitterbugs has to be one of the worst. You know it is goiong to be bad when the trailer says

"Hepcat 'jamspreaders' Laurel and Hardy team up with a con man to outswindle some swindlers. In the process, Ollie gets to portray a Southern Colonel, and Stan does a turn in drag. Like most exciting yarns, it all ends on a runaway showboat".

jitt.jpg

If you dare you can read about it on the Laurel and Hardy website here.

Toodle pip

Harry

Brinybay

Practically Family
funneman said:
How about "The Terror of Tiny Town" from 1930. A western featuring an all midget cast riding on shetland ponies.

1938 actually, but I'll vote for that one too. A friend of mine and I happened to catch this bizarre movie many years ago on late-night TV. It featured some soon-to-be munchkins (Billy Curtis, Wizard of OZ, 1939).

The Terror of Tiny Town - Internet Movie Database

Bad Movies.org

Rathdown

Practically Family
BILL and COO is pretty bad, but the most boring film of all time has to be BEN HUR starring Mr. Charelton Heston.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Kiss Them For Me (1957) was a terrible disappointment.

4379671429_019eb27813.jpg

I decided to watch the film because of the cast: Cary Grant is one of the best, and despite Jayne Mansfield being, well, Jayne Mansfield, I can't help but like her. Leif Erickson and Suzy Parker's names added to the recommendation, and the storyline sounded cute. But it rambled on without any development, or anything to entice me into the story. Furthermore, Cary Grant was really miscast. I watched for 45 minutes and stopped it.

How Cary Grant could look back on a long and successful film career and say Arsenic and Old Lace was his least favourite, after acting in this one, is beyond me!

rue

Most of Claudette Colbert's films leave me wondering how she got cast in anything (It Happened One Night being the exception). But Imitation of Life is one of the worst films ever, methinks.

:eeek: Really?

I have a hard time watching a lot of Betty Grable's movies. Pin Up Girl (1944) was so bad I could barely get through it.

I also am probably the only woman on here that didn't like The Women (1939) It wasn't bad really, just too snarky I guess [huh]

Last edited:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
There's No Business Like Showbusiness has to be one of the worst musicals - ever. It's one Marilyn movie I cannot stand to watch - it's horrible - just an explosion of gaudiness.

Chas

One Too Many
All films are art. Art is essentially something that is created with the purposes in mind of self expression and to incite a reaction of the viewer/listener. So even bad or tasteless films or other media are achieving the objective. The worst thing that an artist can do is achieve widespread indifference.

My favorite bad film has got to be "The Conqueror" - a musical biopic with John Wayne and Susan Hayward. Absolutely dreadful.

[video=youtube;U8U1LVNjJx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8U1LVNjJx0[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara