Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barflys, what kind of atmosphere do you prefer?

overlord4215

New in Town
When i go to Manhatten i go to Down The Hatch .Cheap draft and Atomic wings .Then i start a bar crawl just to many great spots in Greenwich village within walking distance .

I like soft low couches, tables within easy reach, a tinkling piano, ( or sweet orchestra music) subtle lighting, attentive staff, lovely appetisers, very cold drinks.

02170eb1-a50d-41ff-9b7c-9cdcabe00cc5.jpg

I like the Duxton, because all those windows make one feel as though one is on an ocean liner

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
A standard bar, like this
mimis.jpg

Mimi%27sintheMarigny33000666666666.jpg

With a band like this wailing away some dance music for the small floor.
record-1.jpg

Last edited:

galopede

One of the Regulars
I only go to pubs for our local traditional music sessions (I play squeezebox) They are generally in out of the way country pubs. This is one of my favourites we visit once a month. The Boat at Ashleworth, in Gloucestershire. The pub has no music, no TV, gravity fed beers and has been owned by the same family for over 350 years!

You would probably be shown the door if you were cheeky enough to ask for a cocktail any more complicated than a G&T!

Gareth

Edit. Apparently I don't have permission to add photos! have to look into that.

Last edited:
Bit off topic but I read this about the origins of the Sidecar Cocktail

Remy Martin VSOP Cognac, Cointreau, lemon juice, with (or without) a sugar rimmed glass It is believed that this drink was created in the French countryside during WWI for an unknown American Army Captain who would be driven to his local bistro in a motorcycle sidecar. This European delight is a very tart, complex, warming and can be softened for sweet tooths by adding the sugared rim.

rest.jpg

http://www.1907.com.au/restaurant.php

http://www.1907.com.au/menus.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner