Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Basin Beauty Products! A++++

JitterBugJenny

New in Town
Posted this over in the dandruff thread but wanted everyone to get a chance to see it.

Not sure if I can post a link here but I just started using Basin products from Disney World. They recently started up an online store.

http://www.basin.com/web-cart/customer/home.php?cat=259

They have shampoo bars that work amazingly! The best part is they are small but last the same amount of time as a bottle of shampoo. (the soaps and bath bombs are swell too!)

For about $24 you can get 4 bars so I mixed them up and alternate with every shampoo...it has really kept the flakes at bay!

Smells really good too!

*WARNING* You will become addicted! I dropped $75.00 on fresh cut soaps, bath bombs, and shampoo bars in one visit. Have since aqquired another $40 worth of fresh cust soaps!!! (and Im the type that changes deoderant from sale to sale! )

And I have super thick and long hair too, these bars last forever and lather like a dream!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I don't mean to be negative, but the reason they lather so well is because the first ingredient in Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. I'd be wary using that so concentrated on your head - at least in normal shampoo it's diluted with water. It makes my flakes worse when I use something with SLS in, now that I've avoided it so long.

Talking of hand made soaps and solid shampoos and things though, there are so many awesome shops on Etsy selling that sort of stuff, and so cheap! I don't know what to try first!

JitterBugJenny

New in Town
Fleur De Guerre said:
I don't mean to be negative, but the reason they lather so well is because the first ingredient in Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. I'd be wary using that so concentrated on your head - at least in normal shampoo it's diluted with water. It makes my flakes worse when I use something with SLS in, now that I've avoided it so long.

Talking of hand made soaps and solid shampoos and things though, there are so many awesome shops on Etsy selling that sort of stuff, and so cheap! I don't know what to try first!

Hmm interesting. I will keep an eye out. For the past month, I have been pretty much flake free, maybe I dont have a sensitivity to SLS. Thanks for the tip!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I think we're all so used to it nowadays as it seems to be in everything! But after not using it for so long I do find it doesn't agree with me now. Well, on my head I mean, I still sometimes use a shower gel with SLS in, but after babying my scalp for so long, I think I am doomed to have to forever now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace