Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bates Highwayman and Schott CAFE Racer FS

strokes1251

Practically Family
Ok guys clearing some room here as I never wear these. First up is a Bates Highwayman which other for green paint marks on it, looks to have never been worn! Some may get turned off by the green paint on the jacket but I thought it looked awesome on it. I never wore it because I honestly had forgot I had it and when I did find it I just had it as a wall hanger. Asking 200 plus shipping in the US ONLY. Fits bigger in my eyes more like a 38 maybe bigger if you were to take the laces off.
Chest 19 inches
length 24 inches
Arms 24.5 close to 25
Shoulders 19
5ewayb.jpg

2zec6mx.jpg

s4rk3r.jpg

14njk1z.jpg

314artx.jpg

2nuhmjo.jpg

11tmy4p.jpg

e712mw.jpg

Cafe racer from Schott for the good ol days with the horizontal chest pockets. No tag but theres a leather label insuring its a Schott. Only downside for me was a small hole in the back but as you guys can tell this jacket had some fun in its life. Perfect jacket for the lighter weather here In California, Texas, AZ etc :D 150 plus shipping only in the US. No offers Im trying to have these priced to sell!
20zu1bs.jpg

2mxihb8.jpg

2eckk9h.jpg

2nkkhn5.jpg

av1u6e.jpg

11aa8ie.jpg

30c3biq.jpg

Last edited:

strokes1251

Practically Family
Yea it looks awesome! I just never wear it, i believe the last time i wore it was in 2011 and the p2p zipped is 20 inches according to my tape and here are the rest:
Chest 20
Sleeves 24.5
Length 26
Shoulders 20

Last edited:
That Bates is a beauty. The highwayman they make is one of my all time favs. Bates used to do incredible stuff. Haven't seen nor handled anything from them past the 80's. But I had a couple two flag tagged Bates and they were as good as it gets.

I'm new here and maybe this is an obvious statement but the workmanship
and extra detais on Bates jackets are very impressive.

It is a statement that is not being stated enough. Bates is a venerable company, one of the few original ones still in business and they have been making and inventing outstanding styles. Just look at the vintage jackets that pop up on eBay from time to time. I notice Japanese repro companies often copy their designs without giving them credit. If it fits you, that Perfecto Strokes is selling is the best you will ever get your hands on. $200 is a steal.

strokes1251

Practically Family
Yea Thank God Im local I paid them a visit a couple of years ago. Awesome to know that you can get a repro of the cafe racers from the 50s in any color you want nowadays from them! Yea If they dont sell they will just stay on here. I will not be going to ebay for these! lol

Silent_Gray_Fellow

New in Town
I really want that Bates. It's been a nutty, and hugely expensive past month, but I'm gonna try my best to pull the dough together before someone else does. That thing is just what I've been looking for.

strokes1251

Practically Family
I really want that Bates. It's been a nutty, and hugely expensive past month, but I'm gonna try my best to pull the dough together before someone else does. That thing is just what I've been looking for.
awesome I reallyt hope you get it. Its an awesome jacket but I have close to 7 jackets that I really want to wear that get no love and this is one jacket I can live without. Good luck friend!

Silent_Gray_Fellow

New in Town
awesome I reallyt hope you get it. Its an awesome jacket but I have close to 7 jackets that I really want to wear that get no love and this is one jacket I can live without. Good luck friend!
I hope so too Good Sir. And I'm right there with you. I've got so many jackets and hats that deserve to be more than just a handsome wall hanging. I've put a few up on here and on etsy to lighten the load, but we all know what happens…..we sell one, we buy one (or two). Hope to be speaking to you again soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo