Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

batman returns..

fallbackdown82

New in Town
Hello all,
I just watched Batman Returns for the first time in about ten years..Never realized how many nice fedoras there actually were. Several scenes in the early part of the movie have a really great 1940s feel with some amazing hats. Pretty cool.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks fallback, many were my vintage hats. We had quite a bit of clothing in that one as Bob Ringwood was one of our "regular" costumers. The overall film was a bit disappointing though. It came out so dark ( which of course it should have ) that it diminished the clothing aspect.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I hope the dim lighting as a setup for a "dark" movie quits being taught in cinematography school.
Dim lighting does not a "dark" movie make. It just makes a movie hard to watch.

Agreed Sir!! IN this case I'd give it the benefit of the doubt because of the subject matter but it's done WAY too much. We did a lot in "The Shadow" also that was filmed in a dark manner that in my opinion, made the film suck.

Edward

Bartender
I really liked Batman Returns. Burton really had a handle on the character by that point, and the balance was better between the psychotic Bat and his less socially acceptably psychotic enemies than in the first film, where Jack Nicholson completely stole the show (though the definitive screen Joker performance has yet to be given, in my opinion). I do remember being impressed by Christopher Walken's suits. Some of them were a little too theatrical in the cut for everyday wear, though they worked perfectly in the context of the film. I would definitely like to have some suits for myself that mimicked their cut, though.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Agreed Sir!! IN this case I'd give it the benefit of the doubt because of the subject matter but it's done WAY too much. We did a lot in "The Shadow" also that was filmed in a dark manner that in my opinion, made the film suck.

I just saw that again, but on dvd for the first time, on an HD tv. You can see things a bit better, thankfully. I found myself admiring some hats and clothing that I had not during vhs viewings. Funny thing is, the only hat in that movie I don't like is The Shadow's!

justanuthercap

New in Town
Okay, I liked both Batman Returns and The Shadow. But then again, I do like a bit of cheese in my "guilty pleasure" movies. And I did really dig the costuming in the Shadow, I actually thought the wide brim worked well for his character.

fallbackdown82

New in Town
Haven't logged in a while, been having computer issues! Art, I should have known that is why the hats were so amazing! I loved the Shadow and The Phantom. But I guess I am a fan of the comic book movie genre as a whole.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Speaking of batman returning ...

I was in WalMart the other day, looking at fall jackets ... and they had a gray hooded sweatshirt that had the Batman insignia printed on the front along with the utility belt.
And when you put up the hood, it had bat ears on it.

Pretty cool ... or at least I would have found it so from age 6 through ... last year!
I presume there will be a lot of grade schoolers who won't be able to live without one!

Sam

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
They did some filming of the new Batman movie coming out here in Pittsburgh and it was fun to go down and watch now and then.....

I mean snow falling in the middle of a heat wave was kind of cool .... They dug a huge hole in one of the streets downtown for one scene ......

I am sure the people who worked in the city weren't too happy, but it made for a nice trip down to watch a bit and have a nice lunch and then heading out before the rush hour traffic....

Nice hats and clothes also.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Speaking of batman returning ...

I was in WalMart the other day, looking at fall jackets ... and they had a gray hooded sweatshirt that had the Batman insignia printed on the front along with the utility belt.
And when you put up the hood, it had bat ears on it.

Pretty cool ... or at least I would have found it so from age 6 through ... last year!
I presume there will be a lot of grade schoolers who won't be able to live without one!

Sam

Wow, if I happen to see something like that, I would have to admit, I would buy it, if for no other reason, to wear it and make people laugh, but it would be cool to own....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails