Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before I Die...

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I'd like to have a good old fashioned 5-10 year old's birthday party, with balloons, a clown and magician, and lots of cake and cookies. What better way before you go than to feel like a kid again.

How about you?

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Before I die . . .

. . . I'd like to be happy and successful in my (almost) once past, now future profession as a photographer.

Lee

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Chas

One Too Many
Before I die, I would like to :

~ experience New York City.
~ Find an honest love that won't leave me feeling devastated if it ends
~ drive a Cadillac convertible through the desert at night with old tunes playing.
~ be more than I am.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Read this somewhere. makes you think:

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? 'A death.' What's that , a bonus?

I think of the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you should go live in an old age home. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension then, when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work for forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You drink alcohol , you party and you get ready for High School. You go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back, you spend your last 9 months floating with luxuries like central heating, spa, room service on tap, and then you finish in a grand orgasm..."
:D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I would like to fall in love or at least go on a date. At the rate I'm going neither will happen.

I would also like to get a book of paperdolls published, own a house, have a very tiny and ridiculously cute dog and put out a CD of Irish Folk Songs or Standards. And maybe start a Pattie Smith cover band.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Spitfire - just lovely -I like the ending best. ;)
DPD - what happened to the 3 legs or one eye part of the pooch - or is that our little secret?
Picturing vintage clad fellows playing laser tag - teehee.

Before I pass into the next life...
1. I would like to swim with both sharks and dolphins. Though not at the same time.
2. I'd like to marry for love and grow old and happy with him until the final moment (I'd get to go first).
3. I'd like to take my mother on a most amazing trip somewhere we've never been.
4. Learn the following:how to scuba dive, how to play the fiddle and how to cook.
5. Save someone's life.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
^I still want the one eyed or three legged dog too. And I also need to learn the dulcimer or bowed pslatry so we can start a band. :)
You are brave to want to swim with sharks. They frighten me.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
The Shirt said:
Before I pass into the next life...
2. I'd like to marry for love and grow old and happy with him until the final moment (I'd get to go first).

This is funny because I tell my boyfriend after we've been married for many years and have grown old together that I'd want to go before him. Of course....he wants to be the one that goes first. Strange conversation for a couple.

Before I kick the bucket, I'd like to:
1. have a family of my own and be able to see my grandchildren.
2. marry the love of my life and have a happy marriage.
3. travel to many countries.
4. design my own wardrobe.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I simply want to be the best that I can, and experience and learn as much as I can. Basically, I want to somehow utilize life to its fullest so that when I do die, I don't feel disappointed in anything that I have done.

Foofoogal

Banned
Before I die I want to open an education center for low income people with talented people to teach life skills.
Not give a fish but teach how to fish scope.
Especially in the care and nurturing of children.
Somehow this world has got to get away from destroying themselves thru drugs and alcohol.
Until we stop allowing television and entertainment idols write the script for our lives not sure it will happen. Somehow we sure got off track.

Oh, and I want to have a luau also. lol In Hawaii and go to the New England states when the Fall leaves are at their best.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
RetroBabydoll said:
This is funny because I tell my boyfriend after we've been married for many years and have grown old together that I'd want to go before him. Of course....he wants to be the one that goes first. Strange conversation for a couple.
I want to go before my twin. I can't imagine life without her.

zaika

One Too Many
...i'd like to:

live in Norway or Sweden for a time to get in touch with my roots. (Finland would be acceptable, but I don't think I'm Finnish)
own a cottage with an overgrown garden and an Irish Wolfhound named Dermot.
love and be loved.
return to making music.
finish my book.

but most of all, i hope i'm not alone when i die.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
In this life, I really want to:

Have children. (And hopefully see them raised and married.)
Own a beautiful red colored Golden Retriever.
See Italy, especially Rome.
Visit Germany.
Trace my lineage back to Europe.
Use even half of my sewing patterns. ;)

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe more later....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic