Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Behind the Scenes Photos

Nik Taylor

One of the Regulars
Behind the scenes image from Stanley Kubrick’s Spartacus with Kirk Douglas and Sammy Davis Jr. chatting.

spartacus.jpg

Douglas and director Stanley Kubrick talk on the set of “Spartacus.”
spartacus-douglas-kubrick.jpg

Simmons at ease on the Spartacus set, with costars Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis:

Simmons%2BSpartacus.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
These fellows look like they're having fun....

Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Bob Hope and David Niven during break from rehearsals for 30th annual Academy Awards show at the RKO Pantages theater.

Cary+Grant10.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
That's a fantastic photo, Tomasso, I love that they are all cracking up.

And speaking of awards, here's the latest from Quint over at Aintitcool, featuring Rod Serling. Notice the Emmy's? The man was a genius.

BTSrodserlingbig.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
The Philadelphia Story (1940)
philadelphiastory.jpg

Billy Wilder directing Jack Lemmon? they did a few films together but i have no idea on what set was that, i just like the shot! :D

BillyWilder.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Any backstory on this one, Had? I'm guessing that the boys were goofin' on Kate by wearing skirts as the studios were constantly battling with her to ditch the trousers. [huh]

HadleyH said:
The Philadelphia Story (1940)
philadelphiastory.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Any backstory on this one, Had? I'm guessing that the boys were goofin' on Kate by wearing skirts as the studios were constantly battling with her to ditch the trousers. [huh]

It's very possible!

Kate wearing trousers... Cary wearing skirts... and so the Philadelphia story goes!!! :whistling [angel]

Mr Vim

One Too Many
That photo... is fantastic. Iconic men in skirts, you don't get much more candid than that. That's one of many moments I wish I could have seen in person.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Kate and Cary practicing their tumbling scene from Holiday.

Katharine%2520Hepburn%2520%2526%2520Cary%2520Grant.jpg

Walkng Baby around the lot.

03-01_full.jpg

Cricket

Practically Family
I love looking at the photographs with everyone cracking up. It makes me smile and laugh too even though I am not sure what the punchline is. :D

Nik Taylor

One of the Regulars
Billy Wilder displaying to Marilyn how to kiss Tony Curtis for a scene in Some Like it Hot

tumblr_l2d1hnd3Yc1qc0zyro1_500.jpg

The Flight of the Phoenix

phoenix_rehearsal.jpg

Director Robert Aldrich felt that rehearsals were an important process for his movies. In this behind-the-scenes picture, Aldrich stands in the center while the entire cast takes their spots in an outline of the doomed plane. His son, Bill, is seated at the top left

Andy Devine and Bill Elliott rehearsing for the first annual “Hoss Opera” at L.A.’s Olympic Auditorium on November 28, 1948.

wt10_elliott-devine.jpg

Sammy Davis Jr. displays some of his fast gun dexterity to Frank Sinatra and young Eddie Hodges

wt10_franksinatra-sammydavi.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Walkng Baby around the lot.

03-01_full.jpg

Ah the time when celebrities could walk their jungle animals around the lot without fear of reprisal... now we have celebrities going on alcoholic/racial benders. I'd take the damned jungle cat any day... what kind of cat is that?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Oh and I almost forgot, Quint posted a wonderful photo the other day, it makes me want to watch the film all over again.

Lawrence of Arabia:

Screenshot2010-09-01at25721PM.png

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Nik Taylor said:
Billy Wilder displaying to Marilyn how to kiss Tony Curtis for a scene in Some Like it Hot

tumblr_l2d1hnd3Yc1qc0zyro1_500.jpg
He-he! Billy Wilder was so much fun!!! such a witty, talented director! He would go to any lengths to make a scene work! :p Great photo Nik! :D

more Billy Wilder...

playing with Audrey on the set of "Sabrina" (1954)
tumblr_l4ch97cLXR1qcutjro1_400.jpg

playing with Shirley on the set "The Apartment" (1960)

shirleybilly-1.jpg

and last but not least.... with this shot his place in film history is assured forever!

playing with Marilyn on the set of "The Seven Year Itch" (1955)

5.jpg

Nik Taylor

One of the Regulars
Now you have done it, Hadley, you mentioned Audrey Hepburn......

Behind the scenes of Roman Holiday - Audrey Hepburn Gregory Peck
Behind-the-scenes-of-Roman-Holiday-audrey-hepburn-7922845-458-353.jpg

Audrey dancing with director William Wilder
Audrey-dancing-with-director-Willia.jpg

Audrey is coached by Sabrina director Billy Wilder
celebrities_audrey_hepburn_billy_wilder.jpg

Audrey Hepburn is shampooed on the set of Sabrina.
Photographed+for+LIFE+in+1953,+Audrey+Hepburn+is+shampooed+on+the+set+of+Sabrina.++Aged+24,+Audrey+was+already+poised+to+become+a+huge+star.jpg
Photographed+for+LIFE+in+1953,+Audrey+Hepburn+is+shampooed+on+the+set+of+Sabrina.++Aged+24,+Audrey+was+already+poised+to+become+a+huge+star2.jpg

1954 in her dressing room backstage at Ondine.
Audrey%2BHepburn%2Bphotographed%2Bfor%2BMademoiselle%2Bin%2B1954%2Bin%2Bher%2Bdressing%2Broom%2Bbackstage%2Bat%2BOndineBeauty%2Bis%2Bagain%2Bhuman%2Binstead%2Bof%2Bheavenly%2Band%2Bwe%2Bhave%2BMiss%2BHepburn%2Bto%2Bthank%2Bfor%2Bit.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Hey nice photos with the Mad Men show, that has to be my favorite of them all, with the Macbook. Post those over in the Mad Men thread.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Nik Taylor said:
Now you have done it, Hadley, you mentioned Audrey Hepburn......

More Audrey, here havin' fun with Fred Astaire on the set of "Funny Face" (1957)

no fun, no good, no way [huh] cause fun is the name of the game. :D

tumblr_kysihbJA5a1qa2ytbo1_500.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy