Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

belt buckle position and the keepers. Is this correct?

schitzo

Suspended
I bought this belt

beltbuckleposition002.jpg

I assume the buckle is supposed to go in the centre.

And if it is, then what do you think of these keepers? With the buckle centred they end up either side of the first belt loop. I've never had that before, and I'm wondering if this is correct or if something has gone wrong here. Once the belt is on it obviously makes no difference. The annoyance is when it's removed, as I need to be careful not to rip it out like I normally would as the second keeper gets caught on the trouser belt loop - i.e. I have to take care to push that keeper through the loop first as if I just yanked it out I'd risk pulling the loop off with it

Thanks for any feedback

Schitz

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Interesting scenario,all my belts have a single keeper,are either of them removable?All I really can tell you is that you're wearing it correctly,hopefully someone will have a better idea as what to do.

schitzo

Suspended
I see no reason why the buckle needs to be centred.

I tried it with some other jeans and the keepers won't fit under the loop so that is the only way it can be worn. Of course there is no unspoken law on buckle placement, but I just wonder if this is a design flaw. Or are all of these belts like this because that is the way they're intended to be worn? To be honest, I don't know enough about belts to answer

Last edited:

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I tried it with some other jeans and the keepers won't fit under the loop so that is the only way it can be worn. Of course there is no unspoken law on buckle placement, but I just wonder if this is a design flaw. Or are all of these belts like this because that is the way they're intended to be worn? To be honest, I don't know enough about belts to answer
Any idea of brand name of belt,maybe we can do some research and see what we come up with?

schitzo

Suspended
If you didn't spend too much for it, take a risk and cut the second loop off ??

Well Boyo, this is the type of 'out of the box' thinking that I'm usually all for. But in this case, if it isn't meant to be like this I reckon a replacement that comes without this issue is preferable. Maybe tannerbates like 'em like this but for me it seems an odd design

Last edited:

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Well Boyo, this is the type of 'out of the box' thinking that I'm usually all for. But in this case, if it isn't meant to be like this I reckon a replacement that comes without this issue is preferable. Maybe tannerbates like 'em like this but for me it seems an odd design. Or maybe it's me who's odd? I haven't decided yet
Schitzo that seems to be the way they make them,but it's not going to take away from the belt if you do remove one,this is why I asked if they were removable at the onset.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I think off center belt buckles are kind of stupid looking (exception being when they are at the side of the hip for riding bikes, so as not to crunch the stomach), but then I'm an army guy, so asymmetry bothers me most of the time.

Looks fine to me (photo) I like how the keepers ended up on either side of the belt loop. Looks smart.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I think off center belt buckles are kind of stupid looking (exception being when they are at the side of the hip for riding bikes, so as not to crunch the stomach), but then I'm an army guy, so asymmetry bothers me most of the time.

Looks fine to me (photo) I like how the keepers ended up on either side of the belt loop. Looks smart.
Yea that's the problem he's having G&T some times the keepers won't fit under the belt loops,any suggestions?

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I can't imagine that the belt manufacturer has one particular belt loop placement in mind when they make the belt. Belt loop placement on my various jeans is all over the place … So, not really a design flaw, the loops just happen to meet up with the keepers in your case.

That's the problem he's having Baron but he says the keepers wont fit under some of the belt loops in his jeans,slacks,pants whatever term you want to be able to use the belt?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy