Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belted-back tweed jacket for sale on 'Savvy Row'

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the fat bellow pockets. Remind me of "It happened one night"

But I don't like the fabric and couldn't pay that much for a 70s jacket. They are good when they are cheap. Just to get around the time while waiting for the real thing.
I hope this doesn't make me a snob ;)

Flat Foot Floey

Nope. After searching google (which leads to styleforum) I figured it might be a slim sixties look with narrow lapels. But other than that [huh]

Flat Foot Floey

Compared with the description of the "conduit cut" the sportscoat in the link doesn't seem to fit it. Appaprently the name of the cut became so strongly associated with the name of the maker that it can be used without proof.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
yup. the Conduit cut reads the same as the 'continental' style; basically Cary Grant's 1959 North by Northwest suit. if you google Connery in Dr.No (1962) the two suits look almost identical.

the jacket above is later, and a high three button. also, the paired down, tastefulness of the 'conduit cut' / 'continental' would have no room for belted backs and bellows pockets. the fabric on this one is distinctly 'groovy'.

still an interesting one though for the right person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats