Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belts and bags

giovanni

Familiar Face
Hi everyone,

I am brand new, glad I found this nice forum. I was wondering if any of you guys know about this type of belt, which I have never seen before until now.

It is called a Mulholland Field Sport Utility Belt, and I spotted it when buying a briefcase. I think it looks snazzy for weekends with jeans. Does anyone know anything about this type of belt and the company? Would one look ridiculous in a so called field sport utility belt? I am ignorant of their history and possible symbolism.

Also, I ended up buying a Swaine briefcase but was wondering if anyone has the J.W. Hulme overnight bag? If so could you post some pictures of the leather, I read a review of it and was quite impressed.

Thanks all!

giovanni

Familiar Face
AL6013-VIN.jpg

giovanni

Familiar Face
No ideas? I was planning on becoming a prolific and very informative poster but that was conditional on getting my belt curiosity satiated..

I am deeply offended.

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
I don't know what the style is called, but it looks like a cub scout belt, here's one:
01910-228x228.jpg

I had one almost the same in about 1982.
Nice, simple, practical, rugged design. Buy one!

giovanni

Familiar Face
Thanks for the reply, Metamucil

It certainly does look like a cub scout belt...Now, I am glad I didn't buy one right away. I am a grown man, that would be a tad creepy no?

Thks again!:cool:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
No not creepy at all, I have my old cub/scout belt it's a BUKTA one from the late 70's , I put on a new strap a couple of years ago and wear it often....Ilike the style of the Mulholland Field Sport Utility Belt however the buckle looks like it's brass plated???

Ilike the snake belt from Old town http://www.old-town.co.uk/products/ties.htm

Just checked the Mulholland and it appears it has a solid brass buckle, hmm I might have room for one more belt!

giovanni

Familiar Face
Thank you esteban, very kind of you to respond.

Yes it does look like it is solid brass...I like it quite a bit because I have anything quite like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters