Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belts, braces, or both

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
Just curious as to what is preferred around here. To start, I've always been a belt man, but that may be due more to the fact that I needed a belt for my siderm/holster than any conscious fashion choice.

Marty M.

Vendor
Honor thyHonor.

Hi Chris, welcome to the lounge. I like both. On suits I'm 80% Braces. Those particular suit pants don't have belt loops. I do own a few casual suits that have belt loops (no braces for those). With odd trousers and trousers that I wear with Sport Coats, I wear belts. These trousers have loops.
Marty Mathis

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
I knew a detective that was a very well dressed individual. Very nice suits, good shirts and ties. He often wore braces and a belt on days when he anticipated "troubles." Of course, on those days, he was carrying two guns on his belt, and he needed both to keep his pants up. lol

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
With a tie; with a suit or sports coat always Braces

Our dress cose here at the office is business causal so slacks and a belt.

We have alot of men here in office who wear jeans and no belt.

Jovan

Suspended
MagistrateChris said:
Just curious as to what is preferred around here. To start, I've always been a belt man, but that may be due more to the fact that I needed a belt for my siderm/holster than any conscious fashion choice.
If you found trousers with side adjusters, you could attach your holster the same way.

griffer

Practically Family
I am curious to track this thread as I know there are many gun owners here, and I have heard there are tailors that specialize at working around the extra equipment required by some professions.

Why not a shoulder rig?

And do you strap a shorty on the ankle?

As to the general question of belts and suspenders, using both is just horrible in my mind.

Might as well get an alice belt and LBS rig.

vintage68

Practically Family
griffer said:
I am curious to track this thread as I know there are many gun owners here, and I have heard there are tailors that specialize at working around the extra equipment required by some professions.

As to the general question of belts and suspenders, using both is just horrible

When wearing a suit, wear braces. When wearing trousers wear a belt. If carrying a firearm with a suit you'll need to use a shoulder rig with anything larger than a subcompact. The Miami Classic by Galco is a decent choice.

vintage68 said:
When wearing a suit, wear braces. When wearing trousers wear a belt. If carrying a firearm with a suit you'll need to use a shoulder rig with anything larger than a subcompact. The Miami Classic by Galco is a decent choice.

I can agree with that. Both together is overkill and you risk having to sing Style form Robin and the Seven Hoods. Suspenders, a belt and a vest?:eek:

griffer

Practically Family
Feraud said:
I like both on occasion for that extra secure feeling. Some guys pull off the look perfectly.

yeah, that 400lbs old man at the diner sure pulled it off.

the girls were just tripping over each other to be near such a wheezy pinnacle of sartorial acumen.

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
vintage68 said:

I preferred the Jackass rig, also by Galco. Very similar, but the gun is angled a bit more butt down. Just sometimes, a belt holster was preferable. But, that is an off topic discussion...

Travis

Suspended
Sometimes I like to wear a belt. Sometimes I like to wear braces. It all depends on how I'm feeling and what I'm wearing. I would never wear both at the same time. As for the gun thing, I don't own one, but I've been planning on getting one for quite some time, and I've always dreamt of the shoulder holster.

griffer

Practically Family
Jovan said:
Technically, the MP5K-PDW is the one with the folding stock. Neo used the version with the d-ring butt caps. :D

Very true, but the PDW mounts in that rig just fine and give you more stability once fully deployed.

Geek.

;)

Jovan

Suspended
Just pointing out why he can't go all "Matrix" on them. :p

Hey, at least it's not like the kids who ask people wearing a WWII belted leather coat if they're going for a Morpheus look. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters