Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BEWARE~the mascara wrinkle!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok girls, I've noticed this incredibly DEEP long wrinkle on my forhead over my left eye for some time now. But I could not understand why I had it! I'd raise my eyebrow.. no crease. Smile, no crease. Scowl as if the sun were in my eyes, no crease.
Then I noticed, while putting on mascara and making that "Oooo, wide eyed-open mouth look", there it was! ACK!:eek:

So you girls who still have a chance, try not to make that face, lol! And yes, I tried putting on makeup without holding my mouth open and it CAN be done.;)
Nikki

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Ok girls, I've noticed this incredibly DEEP long wrinkle on my forhead over my left eye for some time now. But I could not understand why I had it! I'd raise my eyebrow.. no crease. Smile, no crease. Scowl as if the sun were in my eyes, no crease.
Then I noticed, while putting on mascara and making that "Oooo, wide eyed-open mouth look", there it was! ACK!:eek:

So you girls who still have a chance, try not to make that face, lol! And yes, I tried putting on makeup without holding my mouth open and it CAN be done.;)
Nikki

Ha ha ha..Nikki, this totally cracked me up! I know exactly what you mean!! The worst part is the realization when you suddenly spot yourself with your mouth open, and the "Norma Desmond eyes" ("I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille") and you think.. my god, how long have I been doing this face?!

And I was reminded recently, as I watched my sweet daughter imitate me putting on make up.. ha ha ha!lol

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
lol lol

I make the same face. Why on earth is that the default face for putting on mascara? I too have noticed it doesn't help much, but yet I do it anyway. I am totally bewildered [huh]

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I completely do this too (runs off to check for said wrinkle in mirror). I wonder why we do this--there's no reason to open your mouth like a fish when applying mascara--did we copy our mothers, who copied their mothers...?

Another instance where I've found people make faces is when they're holding infants. People just naturally start mimicking the infant's expression, but there's probably some developmental reason for that. The mascara expression--no idea.

kawshka

New in Town
Haha, I was actually just noticing this the other day.

And when I pluck my eyebrows into arches, I tend to hold the center up very tautly, thereby creating a weird crease right above them. What I didn't realize until now is I do it enough for it to perhaps stick around one of these days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21