• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Bicycle helmets

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by botty, Apr 8, 2012.

1. botty

botty Familiar Face

uk
    Does anyone know of suppliers (preferably in Europe) who make bicycle helmets that look like they are from the 1930-1940 era?
    Bicycle helmet looking ones OR 'disguised' bicycle helmets.

2. Captain Lex

Captain Lex One of the Regulars

These helmets are amazing and perfect--just what I need for the summer! Thanks so much!

(My winter helmet is not nearly as stylish or authentic--but it's just as distinctive)

3. PADDY

PADDY I'll Lock Up Bartender

I'm looking at adapting a Russian Tankers leather helmet.

4. The old leather 'sausage' track hats could be good, it may be possible to wear one under a generous 8 panel 'big apple' type hat?

To be honest I never wear one as they are only really tested to falling off sideways around 14mph...I tend to travel a bit faster than that and I am sure doing 52mph down a Derbyshire hillside that it would do much at all?...personal choice I guess, having said that I always wore one when out with the kids and always made them wear one...curiously I do wear one when out on the MTB as I reason I am more likely to come off and thinking about it every time I have come off bar one it has always been off road.

If someone did make a nice looking retro helmet then I might wear it? but not the monstriosity (imho) pictured above.

5. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

6. botty

botty Familiar Face

uk