Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big 1940s Suit

Jay

Practically Family
Ok folks, I've got another one to sell. It's an early 50s two button number made by Gentry for J. C. Penneys. I know Penneys got the Gentry label in 1946, but lapels seem kind of narrow for that period. It's got me stumped anyhow.

(Click the photo to see the whole album. And let me know if you need anymore pictures.)
The Jacket- It has 3 patch pockets and a single, short vent in the rear. The fabric is very lightweight, given it's age, which makes me think this was a summer suit. It's skeleton lined, with no rips, tears, moth holes, and it smells just fine.

Bottom of collar to bottom of jacket: 31 1/2 inches

Sleeve length: 25 inches

Chest: 46 inches

Waist: 44 inches

The Pants- They have a hollywood waist with 2 inward facing pleats and 2 buttonable rear pockets. There is also a watch pocket at the top seam of the waist. There's no room to let these out anywhere, unfortunately.

Waist: 39 inches

Length: 44 1/2 inches

Rise: 12 inches

Width of cuff: 9 inches

PM for details.

Jay

Practically Family
Bump!

This baby is still for sale, but I'm knocking it down to 100 bucks now. Let me know if you need any better pictures or what-have-you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925