Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Bear Brand - Owner‘s experience wanted

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I have been looking at the offering of BBB for some time now.

Yes, the stuff is expensive in the sense that there is a huge mark-up on products otherwise available and only slightly changed for the collabs. Obviously you can always track down similar products without having to pay crazy prices.
Some of the jackets are collabs with Y2, others are marked as ‚,made by Horween‘, for whatever that means.

That said, I do like a lot of the products visually and thus am interested in owner‘s experiences. I have seen some mouthwatering pictures of @Tusche but that’s about it.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Kicking this off:

Only item I have thus far are these ‚Old Money Green‘ Corduroy Pants.

After VAT and import they cost me some EUR 350. Expensive, but in the ballpark of Iron Heart or Merz B. Schwanen, so still (on the north side of) ok.
Quality is ok too but nothing to rave about. Looks are killer, IMO, and I get favourable comments left and right (including from the missus). Would definitely buy again.

IMG_7620.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Ah shoot! Meant to post that in the ‚Outerwear‚ section.

Can I pls ask one of the administrators to move this.

Thanks you and apologies for the mess up.

GW KY

Practically Family
I have the western roughout shirt and it is spectacular, my favorite item currently

GW KY

Practically Family
It's a loose true to size, which I love to layer. Could possibly go down a size to have a fitted, "shirt" style. But to me it's a jacket.

I use it as a top layer over flannels and western shirts. Perfect because it is long enough to cover them. I hate when buttons downs stick out too far below jackets.

Light weight and great mobility

Gorgeous leather

Really a perfect product

hd3kmize

New in Town
I have a few items from this brand. The most recent being the Rough Rider Overshirt. I bought it when it was first released. Josh scheduled time for a phone call to discuss sizing to ensure I got the right fit. The process and the overshirt lived up to expectation. His clothing is solid and well made. I would purchase more from him but I have other brands and styles that I prefer.

Those old money pants are fantastic! I may have to add that to the wardrobe now that I’ve seen them on someone other than Josh. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Keith1281

New in Town
Kicking this off:

Only item I have thus far are these ‚Old Money Green‘ Corduroy Pants.

After VAT and import they cost me some EUR 350. Expensive, but in the ballpark of Iron Heart or Merz B. Schwanen, so still (on the north side of) ok.
Quality is ok too but nothing to rave about. Looks are killer, IMO, and I get favourable comments left and right (including from the missus). Would definitely buy again.

View attachment 601682
What is this jacket wowzers

Keith1281

New in Town
I've always been interested in their clothing,

I do find it strange there's little to no people on instagram wearing any of their clothes, if you explore their tagged section its mainly their own account tagged.

https://www.instagram.com/blackbearbrand/tagged/

compared to the likes of Misterfreedom, theres a huge community
https://www.instagram.com/misterfreedomstore/tagged/
I’ve seen a lot of stuff he posts in stories of people wearing it. It’s athletes and comedians and people that wouldn’t take the time to post it specifically. Jay cutler (former bears qb) was wearing the waxed shirt jacket while hunting in Texas. Andrew Schultz, the comedian, had been wearing a lot of their stuff too.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I have a few items from this brand. The most recent being the Rough Rider Overshirt. I bought it when it was first released. Josh scheduled time for a phone call to discuss sizing to ensure I got the right fit. The process and the overshirt lived up to expectation. His clothing is solid and well made. I would purchase more from him but I have other brands and styles that I prefer.

Those old money pants are fantastic! I may have to add that to the wardrobe now that I’ve seen them on someone other than Josh. Thanks for sharin

Thank you. Looks like the Rough Rider is one of the favourites.

Alian

New in Town
I have been looking at the offering of BBB for some time now.

Yes, the stuff is expensive in the sense that there is a huge mark-up on products otherwise available and only slightly changed for the collabs. Obviously you can always track down similar products without having to pay crazy prices.
Some of the jackets are collabs with Y2, others are marked as ‚,made by Horween‘, for whatever that means.

That said, I do like a lot of the products visually and thus am interested in owner‘s experiences. I have seen some mouthwatering pictures of @Tusche but that’s about it.
I own a few of their products, like their Henley, beanie, a couple of shirt and the Y2 collar leather bomber jacket. I think that you do pay that premium for the specific collaboration design, because if you really like that specific item you would not be able to find it else where. But all the stuff I have from them is really well made and I love them a lot. The only thing for me is that when you do a preorder you have to be very sure of your sizing cause there is no possibility to return or exchange the items. So like I ordered the Y2 leather bomber jacket in army color, but unfortunately I missed up on the sizing so I haven't been able to fit in it. I am probably going to put it up for sale on here soon.... So let me know if you are interested it is a size Large.

Ogcraig

New in Town
I own a few of their products, like their Henley, beanie, a couple of shirt and the Y2 collar leather bomber jacket. I think that you do pay that premium for the specific collaboration design, because if you really like that specific item you would not be able to find it else where. But all the stuff I have from them is really well made and I love them a lot. The only thing for me is that when you do a preorder you have to be very sure of your sizing cause there is no possibility to return or exchange the items. So like I ordered the Y2 leather bomber jacket in army color, but unfortunately I missed up on the sizing so I haven't been able to fit in it. I am probably going to put it up for sale on here soon.... So let me know if you are interested it is a size Large.
Would you elaborate a little on the mis-sizing on the jacket. I have considered buying one of the N1…

Alian

New in Town
Would you elaborate a little on the mis-sizing on the jacket. I have considered buying one of the N1…
Yeah no problem, for me the main issue is in the armpit area. I guess the jacket does run small. So personally I don’t fell comfortable having it on cause the armpit area is too tight or too high.

Ogcraig

New in Town
Yeah no problem, for me the main issue is in the armpit area. I guess the jacket does run small. So personally I don’t fell comfortable having it on cause the armpit area is too tight or too high.
Thank you.
What is your P2P measurement?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Thanks! Yeah, that Y2-Bomber is The Bomb (forgive the pun...).

I pre-ordered last November (in blue) and sizing gave me the creeps too. I ended up ordering XXL, which - based on the numbers - should be rather big on me. However, I spoke to both Josh and a friend who owns it and decided to size up.

But you are right: That "pre-order only" is nerve-wrecking., I guess there is an "unofficial" exchange-portfolio for some models, but as you pay full price upon order there is really no risk for Josh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner