Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blank-firing Webley revolver

filfoster

One Too Many
The Real Webley deal

doctor dan said:
Just a comment. Just wanted to say that I am glad I live in the USA where I can buy and own the real deal as long as I comply with state and federal laws and pay the necessary tax.

AMEN! I bought a real one- a large frame Mark VI, from Joe Salter a few years ago, still had the original holster and bored for the funky .455 ammo. It's a beautiful prop but the cylinder's so loose, it'd shave lead even if I could get the ammo. I think Salter has these pretty much all the time. A nice man.
Still, there's something fun about having a replica to play with and it's puzzling between Brit WW2 reenactors and Indiana Jones, that these haven't been well copied in good metal and wood grip versions. Even this one I'm getting from the site above is largely plastic. Pity.

Anyone know why this revolver has been orphaned by the replica makers?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
doctor dan said:
Just a comment. Just wanted to say that I am glad I live in the USA where I can buy and own the real deal as long as I comply with state and federal laws and pay the necessary tax.

This is the War Room, man - we want some peace!;)

Creeping Past

One Too Many
doctor dan said:

I can't comment as I'd like on this due to the no-politics rule... except to say that your wholly reasonable view is regarded by many in the UK as peculiar, which I find peculiar in itself.

Erik-Frimann

New in Town
Marushin makes a very pretty replica, but there are two drawbacks: It's very expensive, and it is made of plastic. Did you know that Nagant M1895, favorite gun of Sherlock Holmes, has hit the market in a very rare and very exclusive 6mm BB gun, fully operational, even Co2 driven?

Frank Buck 3 th

New in Town
Do you mean one of these ?

It's a Webley made .38 blank revolver, even says "war finish "think it's converted from a live firing army one....:cool: in the late 40's

BILD3665_zpsbba13aa9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters