Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blasted wind!

Justin B

One Too Many
It's been very windy here in Texas for the last few weeks and I've been very careful to make sure my hat stays atop my head when out and about.

So the wind took a different tact. I hang my hat on a brass standup rack by the back door of my office when I'm at work. So of course when the backdoor is opened, a blast of wind comes through, knocking the hatstand over...and punching a hole in the top of my Stetson...

I'm sick about it.

Justin B

One Too Many
Yep.

Here's the hat and the damage...

5622228239_7424a8578e.jpg

5622228701_3ca8ac0325.jpg

5622816178_a1ffe32599.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Condolences. That's a cool hat, what with that triple-stitched brim. Maybe someone here has an idea or two on how to patch it and have the work be barely noticeable, if at all.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
I feel you're pain sir(minus the hole in the top of my favorite Stetson). The wind here by the river is awful also. I've had to add more strips to the liner of my hats to insure they stay put a bit better. One question though dude, we've already had a few days around 90. Why aren't you wearing straw.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I'm on the barren plains of west Denton county and the wind is ferocious here too.
I don't do straws in the wind, I do felts. I can keep a felt on in the wind. Straws flap and ratchet themselves off your noggin.
Secure and stable sized felt will hang in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy