Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bloody depressed

MissyVamp

New in Town
Now - here's me telling everyone else to love what they have - but I live on a stupid, boring little island - the 30's 40's & 50's never happened here - it was all just sheep and heavy shapeless coats and hairnets(with no hope of an actual hairSTYLE after it all), - And nothing has changed here since 1910 - which is fine if you are into fish, fishing, and every other pastime fish can supply - but I'm not. So no matter how bloody gorgeous I am - it makes no diffrerence - I wanna go howowwooowoommmmme!!!!:cry: I want to be back in England - anyone wanna buy a house in the outer hebrides??:D

Siobhan

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bring the Golden Era to you! Via the beauty of online shopping :D :D :D :D

Thats what I do, but Im on an archipelago, so I have some link to the mainland. :rolleyes:

LD

MissyVamp

New in Town
LD - online shopping is marvelous - its the lack of human contact with folks like me that gets me! - I want to go to 40's events. I wanna meet people that can teach me to make do and mend ( sorry, a very british war time thing):) - I'd also like to meet an american GI that would bring me stockings and chocolate:D and maybe a stick of chewing gum for the kids...?? lol

Siobhan

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I would suggest, finding out about events...obviously not local to the Hebrides....but local to the UK or Europe and starting with that group of folks.

I know there are at least a few here that do reinacting of war time UK.......hopefully they will pipe up and offer ideas...

To be honest, not all of us spend all our time going to events weekly or anything, regardless of where we live.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
MissyVamp said:
LD - online shopping is marvelous - its the lack of human contact with folks like me that gets me! - I want to go to 40's events. I wanna meet people that can teach me to make do and mend ( sorry, a very british war time thing):) - I'd also like to meet an american GI that would bring me stockings and chocolate:D and maybe a stick of chewing gum for the kids...?? lol

Siobhan

If you find one with a friend, send him my way. lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fletch said:
No downed pilots rescued or anything?

lol
With cargo of stockings and boxes of milky ways? :rolleyes:

Oh, to dream.....

But me, Ive only ever been to one vintage event. Most people who do the 'vintage scene' take years to develop a circle. Now you may just have to work harder at it missie!

Get out there in your seamed sassyness and network!!

LD

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Missy Vamp, if we are ever anywhere near you, we'll let you know! Keep your chin up (hey, there's a bit of wartime spirit for you) and keeping smiling. You will find some way of communicating with people.

The Outer Hebrides are a loooooooong way from everywhere....

Ever thought about arranging a dance? Maybe people might like to have a social evening out?

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
Maybe it's a British thing....

In Cardiff (which for US folks is the capital of Wales, theoretically second most important city to London) nothing happens. In general, not just vintagely. Compared to America with their Renaissance fairs, and all the other celebrations of history.

It's a gap in the UK market, it really is. [huh]

starla

New in Town
Think of it this way - you're a trendsetter! Or rather, trend resetter :p You're surely inspiring people who see you walking down the street to say to themselves: "Hey, she dresses really nicely, I wonder where she got her clothes, and if I could ask her about it?" And soon enough I just bet someone will!

:)

Naama

Practically Family
I can feel your pain ;) I mean, yes, I live in vienna, it's a capital city, but here is nothing vintage going on as well..... So I also order via internet, don't have no ohter chance! I only got a credit card to buy vintage stuff :D

Naama

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Oh boy am I jealous!!!

As a dedicated birdwatcher I am aghast at the travel expenses for a holiday in the northern isles of Britain! Hebrides, Shetland, Fairisle,.........sheer heaven on earth for all of those rarities......what I would give for a months holiday. East islands, or west I wouldn't mind.

Only today you have had reports of a Snowy Owl!!!!

I know it's not much consolation for you as it's always different when you feel stuck somewhere, but then the grass is always greener.

I agree with the other ladies here you should indulge in plenty of online retail therapy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou