Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Has anyone here seen movie mentioned in the title of the thread? I am sure many of you would enjoy it. It's set in the 1930s and is about golf. The guy that played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ plays the lead role. There's a scene inside the Observation Bar of the Queen Mary as well. (The same backdrop in The Aviator where Howard Hughes is having the wrap party for Hell's Angels.)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375104/

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I saw it at the local theater and was dissapointed. Something that should have been made by and shown on the US Public Broadcasting System and it should have never gone to the theater.The clothing was all over the place with ill fitted suits and dresses, modern ties and modern sometimes plastic soled shoes. To make it right it should have been done by the BBC... They know how to do period pieces like this.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Mycroft said:
I am a golfer, is it worth going to anyway, just for the golf aspect?
I'm a golfer and I enjoyed it for the vintage feel and golf aspects. I do think you'd enjoy it. My mom golfs and she watched the movie yesterday and enjoyed it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy