Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bogart, Cagney, pin-stripes, fedoras, Thompson machine guns & Dames

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
This looks to be a really cool set.

The Warner Bros. Gangster Collection.
B0006HBV3M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I was at Sam's Club the other day and for about $25 I bought a 3 DVD Bogart/Bacall pack...it had "The Big Sleep," "To Have and Have Not," and "Key Largo."

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
!

ITG said:
Dunno yet...I just got the set 2 days ago and need to watch "To Have..." Let's hope it's good.

It's not good....it's great. It is not as classic as Casablanca or The Maltese Falcon but the play between Bogie and Bacall was never better. Those are great scenes.

"You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. " -Slim

ITG

Call Me a Cab
MK, then I look forward to watching it. If you say it's good, you know it will be. I did see in interview Sunday morning with Bacall and she said when she went to see Casablanca she wasn't blown away by Bogart but either her mom or sister(can't remember which...I'd just woken up) was mesmerized by him in Casablanca. I found that ironic when she later ended up falling in love with the man. At about 80 years old, that woman looks fantastic.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I just watched "White Heat" and the movie was great, the DVD quality was great and the extra features were interesting. This is a nice set of movies!
The "Film Noir" boxed sets created quite a stir here a while ago, if you liked those this is a must have!

Levallois

Practically Family
My viewing of the movie "To Have and Have Not" as an impressionable teenager in the late 1970s is directly related to why my daughter's name is Lauren.

John

Stiv

New in Town
Old Movies

I love these old movies. My wife and I have started a web series where we create movie parodies of the film noir movies of the 40's. We collect vintage clothing, hats and antiques. We have already shot parodies of Key Largo and the Big Sleep. We'll probably do To have and Have Not also. Check it out at www.movieparodynetwork.com
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR