Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bogie borsalino

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
I started about that age too. Go young loungers!

:eek:fftopic: I started with a crummy wool felt thing. I still have that hat. It's shrunk up to the size of a thimble. The felt squeaks when you handle it.
Sure- I've got 20something nice hats now, but I feel kind of attached to that hat. I think the crown is down to something like three inches unbashed now, so it's unwearable, but I feel I can't throw out my first hat.

:eek:fftopic: My first was one of those crappy Dorfman Pacific Indy lid. I have discarded it. I guess I'm not as sentimental as you.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Dinerman said:

Here's just the image if you want to use it!
country.jpg

Molorom

Familiar Face
Ghos7a55assin said:
Quite impressive. I started when I was 13. Anyone remember me from back then? When I wore a 6 7/8?

I started at 8, ;)

So ha lol

My first lid was a 50's stetson. Wore that EVERYWHERE. The odd thing though,
is that I've Always worn 7 1/4 long oval.

Adam

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
And quite right too!! :)

metropd said:
Ray, always the center of attention.

And when he does it 'so well,' he has every right to be at the centre!! He's one dapper fella, is 'our' Ray :eusa_clap

And as for 'you' and your vintage Bogie Borsalinoesque hat...a beautiful 'tile' my friend (get the bash right though to sell yourself in it and have a look at some stills from the likes of Casablanca, if you like that style) coupled with your own lovely sense of style, puts you up there with the likes of Ray and many others in here.

Thanks for posting.

dostacos

Practically Family
Metropd could you post your avatar and the first shot in this thread together? I think it looks better in the avatar, so it may be just the pose

metropd

One Too Many
It was just the pose and I shaped the hat better to fit my face now, but I prefer this thread to be left as a foot note in lounge history and not to be remembered... hopefully.;)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
metropd, You have great taste in men's attire. That suit and hat are a winning combination! Your final block on the hat is as close to perfection as anyone will come. Well done, indeed. I wonder, have you tried on a few hats in a slightly larger size? While you don't want a brim to touch your ears, you still have room for it to sit just a tad lower. Keep up the good work, and this thread won't be a "footnote." It will be ARCHIVE material! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jeff

One of the Regulars
Metropod, I agree that the bash is now much better.

I also agree that the hat seems to "ride" too high on your head. Do you have a side view that we might see?

jeff

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Very Nice

You really have the look going on man. I also agree that you might like it even more with the hat about 1/2 inch above the ears. However, with your dashing looks, wearing it higher does show off you brows and features. One question, is the hat too small to wear lower?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am just happy to see all you younger folks wearing those vintage fedoras, gives them new life and me hope for the future.

You are one snazzy young fellow, metropd, ready to open a detective agency in L.A.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats