Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bogie YSL

dr greg

One Too Many
Picked up a YSL trenchcoat the other day, as new, very swish, but POLYESTER, and made in Hong Kong, which I think must date it to the 70's..anybody here able to clue me up on it? They seem to go for huge sums new.....I'm spiritually opposed to polyester but a mate of mine paid $5000 for a suit made from it by Dries Van Noten so what do I know.....

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I personally never wear anything made of 100% polyester. Too uncomfortable and over time it becomes shiny with wear. I have some trousers and shirts made of polyester blends which are OK providing the wool or cotton content is high enough.

My trench coat is a poly-cotton blend and I like it that way. A 100% polyester trenchcoat is probably extremely unbreathable, but that could have the advantage of also making it very watertight.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
dr greg said:
but a mate of mine paid $5000 for a suit made from it by Dries Van Noten so what do I know.....
Well, you know that your friend is out of his mind. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot