Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bolo Ties-- Acceptable Alternative or Novelty Oddity?

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
davestlouis said:
What the heck is the War of the Rebellion? Is that anything like the War of Northern Aggression, 1861-1865?

:eek:fftopic:
Yup! One and the same. "War of the Rebellion" is the name given to the U.S. Civil War by the federal government on official war records issued at that time. Here's a link to a Wikipedia article on the various names for the war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Rebellion

fraserw2007

New in Town
If I wanted to wear anything around my neck, be it either a strip of patterned material (tie) that can also sometimes be described as a 'novelty' or braided leather and silver work, i'd go for the bolo every time. Admittedly they look better slackened off rather than done up tight but they look fantastic with open shirt and jeans when a conventional tie certainly doesn't. I think what puts most people off wearing them is what other people might think!

Pinhead

One of the Regulars
I have one, handed down from my Father. The slide has (what I've been told) our family crest (Scottish) on it, which is a strange combination, I think.

I'll wear it over a tie any day. It does go well with my bowler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart