Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bomb Girls

Davep

One of the Regulars
As far as the bomb factory not looking like what "you would think" it would look like, take at look at the real thing. The fact of the matter when making high explosive, items are manufactered and keep apart from other componets for obvious safety reasons. This video is of the Canadian Defence Industries Limited

[video=youtube;MKBR4GcrNYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKBR4GcrNYk&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
In the US its not available as yet. But if you have a itunes account, you can get the episodes for 3.00 us. Note it is sold on the itunes - canada store, so on itunes it redirects you to the itunes canada store

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/tv-season/jumping-tracks/id493342022?i=493620436&ign-mpt=uo=5

As far as any wartime drama, give it a change and form your own opinions.

Here is a 14 minute clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VGI8iPXLYXw#!
[video=youtube;VGI8iPXLYXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VGI8iPXLYXw#![/video]

It also streams on Global.ca the day after a new episode is aired (so, Thursdays) if you don't mind watching from your computer.

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
Great video, Davep! I think we were commenting on the representation of the bomb factory in the promotional stills for the show back at the start of the thread. With the technicolored outfits, etc, it really looked more "I Love Lucy" than "I build bombs."

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Bringing up bombshell...wWhy was the episode called that?

And when are they going to start wearing stockings from the 40s instead of those JC Penney stay ups with the black lace spandex tops? And didn't they have slips in the 40s?

Anyone else notice that there is now a "red shift"?

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Bringing up bombshell...wWhy was the episode called that?

And when are they going to start wearing stockings from the 40s instead of those JC Penney stay ups with the black lace spandex tops? And didn't they have slips in the 40s?

Anyone else notice that there is now a "red shift"?

I think there were always different shifts, after all Lorna is a shift matron. They probably had those factories going around the clock.

And wasn't Edith fired? Then all of a sudden she's back, no explanation (that or I missed the explanation, I'm forgetful).

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I thought she was totally laid off. I think episode 1 and 4 should have shown back to back with how the show is cut it would have made a stronger first two episodes. And what's with the guy sleeping with the rich girls co worker for "experience", and then after she finds out he has "the clap" she decides she wants him more than she ever showed in the past and also wants his mistress to be treated too.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
3-0-2_36672.jpg

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
I do think we've now seen two rather glaring continuity errors. I also did notice the problems with costuming in relation to undergarments in the third episode (when Gladys rides up on her bicycle, we see clearly that she is again wearing those lace topped stay ups, with no garters and no slip! Since they got the undergarments right in other scenes, I don't "get" why they insist on having Gladys continue to wear those anachronistic stockings (I guess this is another continuity/accuracy error: we are told they are rare french silk ones but they are clearly more modern nylon ones, which is made evident when she is shown pulling them on in the change room; also, since she's shown GIVING THEM to another gal in a previous episode, how did she get another pair?) Ok, maybe we're being fussy, but I just think if they're going to do a period series, they should attend to the details a bit more, after the manner of the BBC, etc.

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
Bomb Girls is back for 12 more episodes ("season 2"). As for season 1, I must admit I found the episode directed by Anne Wheeler to be the one I fomore "polished" and well acted. Should be interested to see where they take the series and the characters. I've read the producers of the show have put a call out to find actual surviving 'Bomb Girls' to interview. I hope they did that before writing the earlier episodes, too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo