Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bond "anachronistic"?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Of course Bond's a tad anachronistic, that's why we love him. Personally I thought Damon's comments were a little bit schoolyard whinging.

Hadley, I love the quote!

Jovan

Suspended
It wasn't quite as good as the second, but not bad by any means. Semi-spoiler: It ends with a cliffhanger like the last two. I thought it was to be the end, the final act in a trilogy, but I guess not! -- end.

OhmyGod, don't tell me they're going to try to do Eric van Lustbader's crappy "continuation" novels next...

OTOH, with how bad EvL (is it an accident that that sounds and reads like "Evil"?lol) has butchered Bourne, maybe the Hollyweird butchery of his work would actually be an improvement...

Doran said:
Well that may be the case but he is not 100% jerk. His performance in Talented Mr Ripley was superb, as a sociopath closet case. He was also good as an extremely reserved bureaucrat in the CIA in Good Shepherd. Let's give him credit for his accomplishments. Dogma however was the worst film I have ever seen, and very offensive to my ancestral religion (papism) as well.

I think the first film you referred to is actually true to life for him, so it really wasn't "acting."
However, I haven't seen one film where he was worth going across the street to see him star in it.
I have to agree with Hadley, Winchell and Twitch here. :D

jamespowers said:
lol lol lol Ok, so how about Colombo then? Oh wait, there is The Fatman.
Now go walk into that drugstore to see if the weight fits. ;) :D
lol Not quite, I'm still relatively lean for that role. Except for Peter Falk "owning the role", Columbo might be doable. Although, I always have wanted to do a full Shakespearean performance rather than just a scene or two: how does Hamlet or Julius Caesar sound?

OTOH, if my military career happens, there'll be a lot of acting involved in that, you might see me "performing" on CNN someday!:eek: :D lol

Diamondback said:
lol Not quite, I'm still relatively lean for that role. Except for Peter Falk "owning the role", Columbo might be doable. Although, I always have wanted to do a full Shakespearean performance rather than just a scene or two: how does Hamlet or Julius Caesar sound?

OTOH, if my military career happens, there'll be a lot of acting involved in that, you might see me "performing" on CNN someday!:eek: :D lol

How about a role in Rome the series then? You can get the Julius Caesar down without having to be him. ;)

jamespowers said:
How about a role in Rome the series then? You can get the Julius Caesar down without having to be him. ;)
I meant acting Shakespeare's play start-to-finish, rather than just the snippets I was able to do in high-school.

Besides, I'm not a fan of togas--and never allow anything to be seen of me below the throat except my hands. (I also think I have Caesar pretty well nailed as a character, since he seems to be the first known person in the psychological "line of descent" that leads, via Lincoln and MacArthur, directly to myself...)

Mr. Powers, you also seem to be losing sight of the fact that I am by nature a warrior, not an actor. BUT, I think I could do a better Bourne than Damon (given a well-written script), to bring this tangent back on-subject...:D

Diamondback said:
Mr. Powers, you also seem to be losing sight of the fact that I am by nature a warrior, not an actor. BUT, I think I could do a better Bourne than Damon (given a well-written script), to bring this tangent back on-subject...:D

That is more or less the point I was getting at. I think you could do a better job too. As well as my dog and cat for that matter. ;) :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn