Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bond Fedora

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
No, not the one worn by James Bond, but I'm just curious about the recent buy I have (well, not that recent, about 1 month). The brand is Bond, as written in the lining. Royal quality is the only other text stamped on the sweatband. There's a size tag, and also hat millinery union stamp (that sort of thing). Anyone can inform here more about Bond brand?

The auction only has 3 bids, apparently missed or simply ignored. I got it at reasonable price (36.50) but of course shipping cost to my country adds the cost burden :D

Actually I'm quite fond of this model, it's just that it's rather tight. I measure my head is 58 cm (but that maybe not very accurate). But so far I'm quite comfortable with 7 3/8. This one is 7 1/4 long oval and it's quite tight. The felt itself is very light and pliable. It's not exactly pristine, as I'm rather worried the previous owner abused the hat quite bad in the pinch front area - I see it's rather thinning. I wonder if I can do anything to prevent any hole coming up in the future...

The lining may look rather gross - I can't remove the stain so I just wipe it with alcohol and leave it as is. I'm balding anyway - what can germs do worse to head anyway if any :eusa_doh: It's sewn and I don't have necessary skill to operate the hat.

OK, here are the pics:

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

The Liner

DSC00560.jpg

On my ugly head :)

DSC00565.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

It also comes with the box, but not sure whether it's original or not, a round black cardboard box with yellow ellipse logo that states "Bond fifteen".

What do you think?

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the info and compliments, gentlemen. Now I know that Bond is actually a store name, not a hat manufacturer... so I guess it's more or less like Brooks & Brothers or J.C Penney, is that it?

The color is actually gray / charcoal and has no bluish tinge (I wish it had!) - but certainly I'm quite satisfied with this. I'm still thinking on how to maintain the pinch front condition. You may not see it but yes, there's some evident of felt thinning on the pinch. Hate to see if it turns into a hole :eek:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've found a little hot glue on the inside of the hat, between the liner and the felt, where the felt is thinning works well to stabilize it.

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Hot glue? What kind of glue is that? Any specific brand you recommend? And how to apply it? Not sure whether I can operate this as the liner is sewn, but I'll have to try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran