Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots, stylish yet practical, where ?

nihil

One of the Regulars
I'm on the lookout for a pair of everyday boots. I got a pair of very pretty Aldo Unphrey. They are a very dark brown, and are quite stylish, but sadly not very practical. And I fear they are not the most durable footwear that I own.
What I'm on the lookout for, is a pair of dark brown boots that combine style with practicality. The sole shouldn't be too bulky, but still provide a minimum level of comfort. The toe section shouldn't be too boxy either. Otherwise I could just use my Corcoran jump boots. But they don't need to be dress boot pointy either.
Apart from that I'd like to stay away from overly decorated/styled boots as well.

Any suggestions? I've been googling and ebaying away for quite some time now, but I still can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
I've been wearing these every day for three weeks.
5267821084_b667ae6497.jpg

Red Wings

Jan

One of the Regulars
6e5ef655.jpg

Exchanged an awkward X-Mas present (harness boots,) for these. And I love em.

They come in brown, but the store I exchanged 'em at only carried the black ones.

Red Wings as well.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
White's Semi Dress. I've heard they're comfortable, durable, and best of all they can be rebuilt. But crazy expensive...

nihil

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the great replies.
I have however not yet been able to find some that are exact to my liking.
The wolverine 1000 mile boots came pretty close, but the square-ish toe box puts me a bit off. And the price tag keeps me from just getting to see if they grow on me. Perhaps if I could get them in Europe for less than 450$ including taxes.

I've also looked at these:
shoes_iaec1226530.jpg

They are also avalible in a slightly different hook configuration, without the toe cap.
The downside is the thick soles, and chance of low quality (judging from an amazon.com review)

It would also be a big plus if I could source them in Europe :)

Last edited:

nihil

One of the Regulars
I ended up purchasing those. They are not the absolutely perfect pair for me, but are a reasonable 'along the way' alternative.

ssfilez

New in Town
I am not really a "boots" person so I cannot appreciate some of the pictures that I have seen here. And as for nihil, I hope you enjoy your boots and it is sad to hear that your new pair of boots did not satisfy you. I hope you will see a new pair that you will fall deeply in love with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner