Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino "Bashing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I was looking through OFAS, and I ran across a seller who claims to be a Borsalino dealer, yet has nothing good to say about them. On a trilby he writes: "While this auction is for the Genuine Borsalino Trilby and we are Borsalino dealers, it is a piece of crap hat. Total junk as all the Borsalino hats that are made now a days."
On a Fedora he states:
Borsalino Rodolfo
100% quality fur felt construction
This is the Grand Daddy of all the Borsalino's and Grand dad was one sorry guy based on this junk !
This hat has a very soft feel.
The brim is larger than it is on the other Borsalino fur felt hats that we offer (3 inch brim).
It is trimmed with an ample 12 Ligne black grosgrain band again of questionable quality about like my wife ties up christmas gifts with.
It has a low-crown about 4" in height and a pinched front
It has the classic fedora shape with a pinch in the crown, a satin lining that is so thin you can see through it and is about a very poor 100 thread count indicating the pure junk this hat is.
The hat has a split cow hide leather sweatband instead of a quality roan leater as in a good hat and a far cry for a kangaroo sweat band backed with archival linen and a real oil silk of a great hat.
Adds a touch of class to the well-dressed or casual gentleman till it gets wet first time then turns to a fuzz ball.

It sounds like he doesn't want to sell them. The amazing thing is he has bids on these items. Has anyone ever dealt with this guy, Removed.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
That's just "He who must not be named" They don't allow discussion about him.
He's banned from here. He has his own forum you can google his name and find it.
Bob.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
cooncatbob said:
That's just "He who must not be named" They don't allow discussion about him.
He's banned from here. He has his own forum you can google his name and find it.
Bob.
Ah, that is something I didn't know. Sorry about bringing up that name. Whichever Bartender is viewing, you may want to lock the thread.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I stumbled across that forum once before I really knew or heard anything about the forum owner. Found it to be a bit, well, distasteful in that reading a lot of the posts left me feeling like I'd stumbled into a well of nastiness, spite and hate. Not a friendly place at all and based on the comments made by the owner not the type of person I'd want to do business with. Some of the posters were pretty nasty as well. A place to avoid.

Regards,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy